The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Montreal Canadiens | Feb. 25, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, Darius said:

objectively speaking, and being honest here, id like to see stats that show Jake drives play more than BB does.  For Jake you can argue that he has the speed advantage and may be more sound defensively (just guessing....and from the fact that he has been tutored in the defense department by more coaches in their dog house than Brock)  but play driver?  what do you have other than your "eye test"?

That's not something you can quantify, that just comes from 30+ years of playing, coaching and scouting high level hockey.  Obviously that's just my perception of the situation and your free to have yours too.

3 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

I am only one man, but I think so?

I think so too.  I know people think I have something against BB or think he's not a good player.  It's because he's a good player that I think that's a smart move.  A high pick, probably a 3rd, a depth dman and signing TT is what you get out of that deal most likely.  

• Cheers 2

Just now, Alflives said:

You’ll have to do a lot better than thinking of trading Bess to join my moron club. (Of which I’m the 

President, of course.) 

I opened up a thread on this subject Alf

I should have named it the Idiot Club....you can join!

I am already there!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I think so too.  I know people think I have something against BB or think he's not a good player.  It's because he's a good player that I think that's a smart move.  A high pick, probably a 3rd, a depth dman and signing TT is what you get out of that deal most likely.  

Not saying you are wrong...but I think more

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Jake was on an 18 goal pace/82 games last season, it's been a cpl seasons of strong play and steady improvement.

so Jake can improve starting last year when he was the same as as BB, but BB wont improve...got it...

Both players are great...hope we can find a way to keep them both.

2 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Not saying you are wrong...but I think more

very possibly, yes.  It also gives some cap flexibility further down the road because they can bring young players like Podz, Hog and Lind into the mix as there will be spots for them.

The window for this team is open and time is ticking.

1 minute ago, Darius said:

so Jake can improve starting last year when he was the same as as BB, but BB wont improve...got it...

Both players are great...hope we can find a way to keep them both.

who said Boes won't improve?  I doubt he changes his style though.  He's an opportunist scorer, and a good one at that.  Just so happens I prefer players who have more to contribute.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Darius said:

All I will say is Jake has had a great 2 months....hope he keeps it up....

Yeah i dont get the Jake haters. He was one of the main catalysts for the comeback. Ppl still talk about his consistency but he's had a pretty good year and has taken a tremendous foot forward this year. 

If you're still anti Jake this year, either he's done something to you or your friends in Abbotsford or your need to be right clouds your judgement. 

Heading into the playoffs, im glad we have him. This will be more evident when the whistles disappear and the clutching , grabbing and physical play amps up. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Sorry @Nuxfanabroad, but to join my moron club (you’re way too smart) you’re going to have to drill a hole in your head and suck out half your brain!  (Kind of anyone joining has to do that.)

Don't know where you dredged up THAT rubbish, Alfer..was kicked outa' Grade 8 for not shavin'!

edit: Off to the mtns, folks. Can't WAIT for tomorra's tilt!!!

Edited by Nuxfanabroad
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, stawns said:

who said Boes won't improve?  I doubt he changes his style though.  He's an opportunist scorer, and a good one at that.  Just so happens I prefer players who have more to contribute.

sorry, but i think Brock is at a different level than Jake.  Brock has contributed 161 points in 196gp for this team.  A lot of those points (cough calder runner up) were generated on his own.  He can see the ice better than Jake does now - there is a reason hes been stapled in the top 6 for so long and Jake hasnt.- even in Brocks absence.