The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

I think it can be exciting like you said I see DC wearing Rumble down and then going for the offence; don't forget DC also has knockout power!

I think he'll be too afraid of rumble's knockout power to really go for it himself. Hoping I'm wrong though!

[1] Did you know the worst bench warmer on the worst Women’s NBA team makes double what the average entry-level UFC fighter does?

[2] How about this, there was a UFC event in 2013 in which, apparently, the highest guaranteed pay on the card was $30k/$30k.

[3] Did you know, a fighter received only $12,000 in disclosed pay while fighting for a title and main-eventing a Pay-Per-View, this year?

[4] The median average wage for a top 15 fighter in the UFC is just $30,500 per year.

[5] Floyd Mayweather, in the 12 months between summer 2011 and summer 2012, made approximately four times more in guaranteed salary than the entire UFC roster combined. He fought twice.

Happy to keep supporting the UFC and all it's athletes.

[1] Did you know the worst bench warmer on the worst Women’s NBA team makes double what the average entry-level UFC fighter does?

[2] How about this, there was a UFC event in 2013 in which, apparently, the highest guaranteed pay on the card was $30k/$30k.

[3] Did you know, a fighter received only $12,000 in disclosed pay while fighting for a title and main-eventing a Pay-Per-View, this year?

[4] The median average wage for a top 15 fighter in the UFC is just $30,500 per year.

[5] Floyd Mayweather, in the 12 months between summer 2011 and summer 2012, made approximately four times more in guaranteed salary than the entire UFC roster combined. He fought twice.

Happy to keep supporting the UFC and all it's athletes.

Dana's too busy using UFC money to fly around the world in Private Jets.

DC, Vitor, Cowboy, Arlovski, Benevidez

Well done. Did not see Andrei pulling that off, but holy &^@#ing hell what a fight.

The Chris is the $&!#.

Good on ya DC, I wanted Rumble to win, but meh. We all know either of them is just a paper champ until the GOAT gets back.

Well done. Did not see Andrei pulling that off, but holy ???? hell what a fight.

The Chris is the crap.

Good on ya DC, I wanted Rumble to win, but meh. We all know either of them is just a paper champ until the GOAT gets back.

All of the fights went the way I thought they would.

DC-Johnson was painfully obvious how it was going to go. I'm surprised it made it to the third. Don't know if or when Jones will be back but I'd like to see DC vs Gus.

I thought Vitor would beat Weidman and he started well. Took it to him and may have rocked him before Weidman took him down. He had no answer for Weidman on the ground. Chris is gonna be the champ for a long time.

Cowboy fight went as expected. Makdessi is a tough sob. He took a ton of punishment before his jaw threw in the towel.

Arlovski - Browne I really wanted AA to win but I wasn't sure he'd be able to stand and trade with Browne. Holy crap that was one of the best slugfests I've ever seen. AA looked like a beast. Even after getting rocked he managed to dig deep and finish him off. I hope he gets next crack at the belt. He was the guy who got me hooked on mma years ago.

Benevidez looked good. I was a little worried about the power of Moraga but he neutralized that fairly easily.

On the undercard I thought Dodson lost against Makovsky but that was hard to score. He didn't look very good out there but he was coming off a long layoff. I still think he's the only one with a chance against DJ.

Pretty good card overall. That heavyweight fight alone made it all worth it. Can't wait for the next one.

• 2 weeks later...