The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

2 minutes ago, MikeBossy said:

Wow - crazy finish after the fight. Does Dana strip him of the belt?

If he's lucky.  Khabib could have charges laid against him for assault and battery for attacking Conor's cornermen.

50/50 chance he gets suspended.

3 minutes ago, MikeBossy said:

Not really surprising with all the antics between these two. Don't forget what Conor did which landed him in hot water in New York. Khabib's buddy needs to be arrested and charged with assault.

Not surprising but still very stupid.

Just now, SabreFan1 said:

If he's lucky.  Khabib could have charges laid against him for assault and battery for attacking Conor's cornermen.

Very true - thing is this crap has been building between them. Marred a completely dominant fight by Khabib. 

not surprised Khabib won, his ground game is too much for Conor, plus McGregor was 2 years removed from his last MMA fight. You cant come back from a long layoff against someont that good and win easily imo.

The aftermath i didnt see, streaming online isnt always good quality so didnt see what happened...any links to the end of the fight?

• Upvote 1

Just now, SabreFan1 said:

Not surprising but still very stupid.

100% agree - Khabib should be stripped of the title and suspended but in all fairness like I said look at what Conor did with the bus and there were injuries there to fighters. I think Dana White and the UFC wears some of the blame for this. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

meh, this is the new ufc... assault is the in thing..WWE crap.. remember Conor and his dolly?

• Upvote 1

Just now, bishopshodan said:

I was watching a euro feed, did you guys see Khabibs bro swinging with Conor in cage? while khabib was like a salmon swimming up stream in the crowd?

Yep.  He sucker punched Conor.  Conor had no idea what happened.

Khabib going into the crowd is bad.  He could be in serious trouble soon.

Fortunately this is nothing new in the Vegas fight scene so he might get away without charges.

• Like 1

Just now, Canuckster86 said:

not surprised Khabib won, his ground game is too much for Conor, plus McGregor was 2 years removed from his last MMA fight. You cant come back from a long layoff against someont that good and win easily imo.

The aftermath i didnt see, streaming online isnt always good quality so didnt see what happened...any links to the end of the fight?

Pretty sure you will find it online shortly - I will say this - this is why GSPs win over Bipsing was so amaxing - look how long he was off and he won.

• Upvote 2

I was watching a euro feed, did you guys see Khabibs bro swinging with Conor in cage? while khabib was like a salmon swimming up stream in the crowd?

Probably watched the same feed as you with all the censorship....  Ferguson's entire interview was censored out!

1 minute ago, MikeBossy said:

100% agree - Khabib should be stripped of the title and suspended but in all fairness like I said look at what Conor did with the bus and there were injuries there to fighters. I think Dana White and the UFC wears some of the blame for this. 

UFC will never admit it, but when stuff like this happens they are grinning with glee, this sets up a re match at some point for sure you have to think.

meh, this is the new ufc... assault is the in thing..WWE crap.. remember Conor and his dolly?

I think Khabib retires after this, the ufc will make a big deal out of all this then put it in 100% of their promos with any of these guys

I like Conor but it was nice seeing him get fed some humble pie. 

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

That's gonna cost Conor hundreds of thousands in lawsuits and it got him a criminal misdemeanor record in the US.

Just now, Canuckster86 said:

UFC will never admit it, but when stuff like this happens they are grinning with glee, this sets up a re match at some point for sure you have to think.

I have to agree - look at DC calling out Brock Lesnar after DC won. And the whole reason Conor went ape$&!# in New York had to do with Khabib and his camp fighting with Conor's camp. Like I said Dana has to wear some of this.

Just now, Zhukini said:

I think Khabib retires after this, the ufc will make a big deal out of all this then put it in 100% of their promos with any of these guys

I like Conor but it was nice seeing him get fed some humble pie. 

I agree, but McGregor is a big draw so if he won it would have been good for UFC as a business. But would he defend his title....