The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

What a great event. Definitely worth the 50$. I'm really looking forward to the Mir/Lesnar rematch. I hope Mir drops Lesnar.

Who do you guys think Congo will go up against next? I wouldn't mind seeing a Congo vs Nog match even though Nog looks like he is done.

Rashad vs Rampage is another match that would be great.

What a great event. Definitely worth the 50$. I'm really looking forward to the Mir/Lesnar rematch. I hope Mir drops Lesnar.

Who do you guys think Congo will go up against next? I wouldn't mind seeing a Congo vs Nog match even though Nog looks like he is done.

I think Nog should quit before he messes up his record, he's getting old now, Mir was all over him that day.

yeah that would be a good match(Rampage N Rashad).

When's Lesnar and Mir, I heard it was going to be UFC 100.

Its spelt Kongo and it should be Kongo vs Gonzaga or Cheik Kongo vs Fabricio Werdum

Edited by Rattlehead89

I dont think Nogueira should retire. I think he went into this fight thinking that Mir wasn't going to go toe to toe with him since coming into this fight Nog had a better stand up game than Mir. So it totally threw him off. I wouldn't mind seeing a Nog and Couture fight

The Biggest problem with the UFC is there is no legitimate fighter rankings. The rankings are nothing more than Dana whites BS and Joe Silva saying "yes boss" everytime he says something. They build up fighters like they are somebodies and dupe so many of their fans.

The Biggest problem with the UFC is there is no legitimate fighter rankings. The rankings are nothing more than Dana whites BS and Joe Silva saying "yes boss" everytime he says something. They build up fighters like they are somebodies and dupe so many of their fans.

The biggest disappointments have been all the Pride "stars" that were really hyped up. Cro-Cop, Shogun, Minotauro, Henderson & Wanderlei haven't been very impressive in the UFC.

The biggest disappointments have been all the Pride "stars" that were really hyped up. Cro-Cop, Shogun, Minotauro, Henderson & Wanderlei haven't been very impressive in the UFC.

Noguiera??!?!?!

The guy has been lights out in the UFC.

The only bad fight he has had was the last one against Mir.

Other than that, Noguiera has proven to everyone why he is called Minotauro.

He beat up Herring and he literally took off Sylvias trachea in a match against a MUCH bigger opponent.

Noguiera??!?!?!

The guy has been lights out in the UFC.

The only bad fight he has had was the last one against Mir.

Other than that, Noguiera has proven to everyone why he is called Minotauro.

He beat up Herring and he literally took off Sylvias trachea in a match against a MUCH bigger opponent.

I disagree. Nog has been "meh" at best.

Vs Herring, he almost had his donkey knocked out. Same deal vs Slyvia. He didn't look good in either of those fights, despite winning both.

I disagree. Nog has been "meh" at best.

Vs Herring, he almost had his donkey knocked out. Same deal vs Slyvia. He didn't look good in either of those fights, despite winning both.

Yeah i wonder if all those concussions are adding up.

on another note

does anyone know where you can rent UFC dvds? I wanted to watch some bonus footage but Blockbuster and Rogers said they dont carry them at the moment. :huh:

Yeah i wonder if all those concussions are adding up.

on another note

does anyone know where you can rent UFC dvds? I wanted to watch some bonus footage but Blockbuster and Rogers said they dont carry them at the moment. :huh:

Remember I can burn which ever ones you wanna watch. Unfortunately for 58 doesn't work and the earlier ones don't have the post-fight interviews. Lemme know!

Remember I can burn which ever ones you wanna watch. Unfortunately for 58 doesn't work and the earlier ones don't have the post-fight interviews. Lemme know!

thanks for the offer but do you have the dvd bonus footage? I think you only have dvd rips of the original ppv broadcast no?

on the UFC dvds most have bonus footage. Stuff behind the scenes that was never shown on the original broadcast. Like footage you would only find as a special feature on the official dvd. Like this from ufc 58:

Well yesterday in Japan was the Dynamite 2008 New Years Fight. Every year in Japan they put together a great card to kick off the new year.

The fights took place at like 1am our time but were not televised in North America. However it has been uploaded on MMATKO.com for people to see. Ill provide the links so you can watch some wicked fights.

Badr Hari vs Alistair Overeem. Badr is one of the dominant K-1 (kickboxing) fighters at the moment. He is thought to be the next generation of fighters. Allistair is a talented fighter who was destroying Mirko Cro Cop a few months ago but then kicked him in the balls and the fight was over. I have to say though... I think Allistar is taking steroids because he got too big too damn fast. Here is the fight under K-1 rules.

http://www.mmatko.com/badr-hari-vs-alistai...-dynamite-2008/

Mirko Cro Cop vs hong man choi. Oh the japanese and their freak show fights. Here is MMA sensation Mirko Cro Cop who was dominant in Pride FC against 7'2" 330 pound Hong man choi, who is a K-1 fighter.

http://www.mmatko.com/hong-man-choi-vs-mir...-dynamite-2008/

Japanese Lightweight superstar Shinya Aoki who has great ground skills against Eddie Alvarez. A dominant lightweight fighter that would have won the last tournament but then had to bow out because of an injury in finals.

http://www.mmatko.com/eddie-alvarez-vs-shi...-dynamite-2008/

Middleweight goliath Melvin Manhoef against a heavyweight Mark Hunt. I thought this fight would be one sided but it is a damn interesting fight.

http://www.mmatko.com/mark-hunt-vs-melvin-...-dynamite-2008/

K-1 world champion Ssammy Scheilt vs American Mighty Mo.

http://www.mmatko.com/semmy-schilt-vs-sial...-dynamite-2008/

Super massive dude Bob Sapp 6'4 375 against some dude named Kinniku Mantaro? no clue who that guy is but he comes in dressed as some Japanese comic character or something.

http://www.mmatko.com/bob-sapp-vs-kinniku-...-dynamite-2008/

Mantaro is a Japanese anime character. The guy under the mask is some guy whose name I can't remember. Some random Japanese guy anyway. It's got to be the silliest idea for a fight ever.