The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

If Jackson beats Jardine which I think he will he gets a fight with Evans for the belt. Personally I'd like to see Jackson and Machida fight it out and the winner face Evans. But you cant have that because than Evans would have to wait like 10 months before he fights one of them and if he gets a fight before that and the person he faces wins somehow than its unfair to both Machida and Rampage since they should be on top of the list. What the UFC should have done is waited to see who won between Machida and Silva than the winner fought Rampage and the loser fought Jardine.

Looks like Kang will be on the UFC 97 Card against Xavier Foupa Pokam. Have no clue who this Xavier guy is anyone got any info on him?

http://mmajunkie.com/news/13869/xavier-fou...in-montreal.mma

If Jackson beats Jardine which I think he will he gets a fight with Evans for the belt. Personally I'd like to see Jackson and Machida fight it out and the winner face Evans. But you cant have that because than Evans would have to wait like 10 months before he fights one of them and if he gets a fight before that and the person he faces wins somehow than its unfair to both Machida and Rampage since they should be on top of the list. What the UFC should have done is waited to see who won between Machida and Silva than the winner fought Rampage and the loser fought Jardine.

Looks like Kang will be on the UFC 97 Card against Xavier Foupa Pokam. Have no clue who this Xavier guy is anyone got any info on him?

http://mmajunkie.com/news/13869/xavier-fou...in-montreal.mma

Here is his fight record

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Xavier-Foupa-Pokam-8761

hehe... i guess you'll take some big lumps if he ever loses ;)

I wasn't cheering for anyone when he fought AA. I enjoy watching Fedor fight though. I was just hoping for a good fight. The Fight wasn't that impressive but the finish was devastating.

I don't expect Fedor to never lose. Everyone eventually loses. But his domination is unsurpassed.

Edited by Harbinger

I wasn't cheering for anyone when he fought AA. I enjoy watching Fedor fight though. I was just hoping for a good fight. The Fight wasn't that impressive but the finish was devastating.

I don't expect Fedor to never lose. Everyone eventually loses. But his domination is unsurpassed.

i agree. in fact, legends are only created if they fight other good fighters.

eventually there will be someone younger, faster, stronger, better... but just not right now.

If GSP was a real man and not French (J/K) he would fight Silva. Hes always talking about how he wants to be the know as one of the best but yet he wont go out of his comfort zone and fight a heavier guy like Penn did. Common GSP silence me and fight Silva.

Edit: anyone know what Penn fights at on fight night when hes a 155lbs?

You sir, are an idiot. He has already stated numerous times that he will fight anyone. He's not the one who makes the match-ups, it's Joe Silva and Dana White. After GSP defeats Alves and Anderson defeats Leites there will be another super-fight, and it will be between these two. Don't see it happening until late 2009 if that. Most likely early 2010 as GSP said himself he would have to spend extra time training gaining the muscle to fight at 185. As long as both men win their next fights, they will face eachother!

This is just fan voting from Sherdog. http://www.sherdog.com/

Who is the No. 1 pound-for-pound fighter in MMA?

Fedor Emelianenko

58%

Georges St. Pierre

24%

Anderson Silva

18%

28660 vote(s)

Sherdog is the equivalent of Canucks talk on CDC. Most of those people are not too bright.

Half of them thought not only would BJ win, but then he would beat Anderson Silva and had a shot of putting up a fight at LHW.

Dont take anything that Sherdog or Canuckstalk say seriously. Both are full of mostly high school kids.

i agree. in fact, legends are only created if they fight other good fighters.

eventually there will be someone younger, faster, stronger, better... but just not right now.

problem is that theres not enough young guys at heavyweight. they are all in LHW at that size.

the same guys that were considered good 5 years ago at HW are still the same guys now. They need a new group of guys. I mean once mir fights lesnar.. then what happens? I mean theres Cain Valazquez.. but honestly.. all the dudes are old at that division at the moment..

Sherdog is the equivalent of Canucks talk on CDC. Most of those people are not too bright.

Half of them thought not only would BJ win, but then he would beat Anderson Silva and had a shot of putting up a fight at LHW.

Dont take anything that Sherdog or Canuckstalk say seriously. Both are full of mostly high school kids.

I'm not. I stated it was a fan vote. But on the other hand its was almost 29 000 votes. That's a lot. And a pretty good indicator of what people think. Its not as if I went to the UFC site and used something they put up. Sherdog is also Notorious for its tuffers and UFC fans.

Did you go back and look at that tommy carruthers video yet Pfizer?

I'm not. I stated it was a fan vote. But on the other hand its was almost 29 000 votes. That's a lot. And a pretty good indicator of what people think. Its not as if I went to the UFC site and used something they put up. Sherdog is also Notorious for its tuffers and UFC fans.

Did you go back and look at that tommy carruthers video yet Pfizer?

Yeah there are knowledgeable fans but on the whole they dont know that much just like Canucks talk. Theres like a few thousand teenie boppers on there and a small amount of people that actually know whats good for the canucks.

Yeah i saw the video, i dont know.. I cant say im impressed to be honest. He moves fast but once an opponent tries to fatigue him it will go out the window.

jeet kun do, i know bruce lee created it, but i dont think its ever been refined. Its just basically another way of saying MMA. I think that guy would get dropped honestly in the UFC. Looks pretty neat but is it really practical? Seems a bit too hollywood for me.

edit: whats your take on it?

Edited by Pfizer

Yeah there are knowledgeable fans but on the whole they dont know that much just like Canucks talk. Theres like a few thousand teenie boppers on there and a small amount of people that actually know whats good for the canucks.

Yeah i saw the video, i dont know.. I cant say im impressed to be honest. He moves fast but once an opponent tries to fatigue him it will go out the window.

jeet kun do, i know bruce lee created it, but i dont think its ever been refined. Its just basically another way of saying MMA. I think that guy would get dropped honestly in the UFC. Looks pretty neat but is it really practical? Seems a bit too hollywood for me.

I don't think he would be Bruce lee in an mma fight. But those are easily the fastest hands I have ever seen in modern day. Oh trust me I don't think he would win in mma because of it. I was just amazed by the speed.

I don't think he would be Bruce lee in an mma fight. But those are easily the fastest hands I have ever seen in modern day. Oh trust me I don't think he would win in mma because of it. I was just amazed by the speed.

Yeah he would be pretty good to watch in the movies.

Him jet li, jackie chan. That would be a pretty sweet fight scene. they are pretty damn quick.

Some of the comments that have been posted in this thread by the casual fans are pretty funny. I bet some of these guys walk around with Affliction and Tapout shirts acting like they know MMA. These d-bags always crack me up when I see them.

I'm looking forward to the GSP vs Alves fight. Also I heard Joe Rogan is gonna be in town in March trying to talk with city council in hopes of an event happening here. I doubt it'll happen but I support his effort.

Edited by Innovative

You sir, are an idiot. He has already stated numerous times that he will fight anyone. He's not the one who makes the match-ups, it's Joe Silva and Dana White. After GSP defeats Alves and Anderson defeats Leites there will be another super-fight, and it will be between these two. Don't see it happening until late 2009 if that. Most likely early 2010 as GSP said himself he would have to spend extra time training gaining the muscle to fight at 185. As long as both men win their next fights, they will face eachother!

Im an idiot? Penn pretty much called out GSP numerous times, forcing the UFC's hand. You dont think that if GSP would say in a post fight interview that hey i really want to take a shot at 185 and Anderson Silva they wouldn't make this happen? And if GSP is truly one of the greats that he could just walk into 185 and take a shot at Silva, or atleast one of the top guys? he does weigh 185-190 on fight night. granted Silva probably walks around at 200ish but hey its only 15 pounds everyone was trash talking Penn cause he couldnt handle 170.