The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

I haven't seen the fights yet, so...

Was Showgun that good or was Machida that bad?

Both but Shogun came in with a great strategy and dominated, when rogan asked machida if he thought he won the fight machida dodged the question and said only the judges can call a fight and immediatley said he was open to a rematch, shogun meanwhile said his corner said he won the fight, but what can he do

No way to blame UFC. IIRC, the judges are picked by the athletic commissions.

Lyoto won rounds 3 and maybe 5. But that was it. Shogun took the other three, and there's no way to dispute that.

I scored it 49-46 Shogun, and I was cheering for Lyoto.

Also, I was the only one in the bar who agreed with Mazagatti's (was it him?) decision to end the Velasquez fight. Rothwell suffered one of the biggest beatdowns ever.

All in all, decent card. I liked seeing Neer get pummeled.

No way to blame UFC. IIRC, the judges are picked by the athletic commissions.

I'm pretty sure you're right about that but they have a questionable history themselves.

I haven't seen see the fight yet but the general rule with the judges picked by the various state athletic commissions is that the challenger has to win convincingly to take a belt. This goes back to boxing

UFC = WWE

That Machida, Shogun fight was RIGGED

Shogun had it in the bag and he knew it.

I was with 20 people and we all said Shogun won, yet the judges have it scored UNANIMOUSLY FOR MACHIDA

FUC*KEN BS

DANA WHITE IS A POS HE KNOWS HE CHEATED

HE SHOOK SHOGUNS HAND AND SAID SORRY BUT MY 10 MILLION ON THIS FIGHT MEANS MORE THEN YOUR CHAMPIONSHIP

THIS IS EXACTLY WHY FEDOR DIDNT SIGN WITH THE UFC, CUZ THEY DONT TREAT PEOPLE LIKE HUMAN BEINGS!

UFC = WWE

I was with 20 people and we all said Shogun won, yet the judges have it scored UNANIMOUSLY FOR MACHIDA

FUC*KEN BS

HE SHOOK SHOGUNS HAND AND SAID SORRY BUT MY 10 MILLION ON THIS FIGHT MEANS MORE THEN YOUR CHAMPIONSHIP

THIS IS EXACTLY WHY FEDOR DIDNT SIGN WITH THE UFC, CUZ THEY DONT TREAT PEOPLE LIKE HUMAN BEINGS!

Its true.

UFC = WWE

FUC*KEN BS

As mentioned above, the promotions don't select the judges or referees. The state athletic commissions do.

Take it up with them. Knowing Dana, it could be a while before the UFC comes back to California.

As mentioned above, the promotions don't select the judges or referees. The state athletic commissions do.

Exactly. Dana White even said that he thought Showgun won.

And besides that point, Fedor didn’t sign with the UFC because Dana White refused to cross promote with M-1 Global. (which is understandable)