The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

2zrl4kj.jpg

Umm.... OUCH??? Thought he did really well in Round 1, despite a couple of nice connections by Bigfoot. But damn did size play its part in this one. Fedor either needs to drop down to 205, or seriously consider leaving MMA in general.

And to the guy who said Strikeforce is going to go bankrupt do to this..... not a chance. They have plenty of big names to support itself. Nick Diaz may be the most entertaining guy in all of MMA. I personally can't stand him, but he entertains the crap outta me. Not to mention Overeem, Werdum, Henderson, Cyborg Santos, Cavalcante, Melendez, Woodley, Moussasi. They'll be fine. Nowhere near the talent of the UFC, but they'll be okay.

It was a competative fight, despite fedor getting the crap kicked out of him for the first time ever in the 2nd round. But he showed his heart and resiliancy by getting that heel hook at the end of the 2nd. It was an even fight going into the 3rd, and despite Fedor having one eye, i would not count that guy out EVER. The size differance was beyong riduculous. I've been hearing Big foot could've been weighing 290 at the time of the fight!

agreed with you about the strikeforce thing. They always deliver with exciting fights. Last night was a great example of that. As for Fedor, i personally would like to see him retire, just because i dont wanna see him run the risk of tarnishing his legacy. I highly doubt he is even considering the possibiliity of cutting to 205. Which is remarkable really, and one of the things I really respect about him. I personally am not a fan of fighters cutting weight.

If he does choose to fight again, he needs to train with new guys. He trains with his friends and family, guys that are no where near his level. He doesn't train BJJ, and doesn't have the right people around him to push him to the next level. Its such an ever growing sport that you need to evolve with it.

Edited by Should've_Drafted_Kopitar
  • Upvote 2

Hey guys, I saw this on MTV the other day. Bully Beatdown - a reality show. Pretty cool.

This puts into perspective how quick and effectively an MMA expert can beat down regular joes or even the biggest steroid junkies going. Just because you're big, doesn't mean you can fight worth sh1t.

MMA expert Eddie Alvarez beats down a 5'4 160 lb 315 bench pressing juice head. TKO'd with three kicks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg35EOJOKMQ

Wow, no mention of last night's show yet?? Okay I'll do it!

Penn vs Fitch

Went exactly as I thought it would. Boring. The draw was legit, as long as you give BJ rounds 1 and 2. Fitch is just beyond boring. No finish in this guy at all.... sounds familiar.

Bisping vs Rivera

First off, I'm sick of the UFC giving Bisping opponents that are hardly worthy of the prelims. That's another story though. What kills me is the way this hypocritical douche acted last night. Not only gives a blatant illegal knee to a downed opponent, but then taunts him wand raises his arms in the air while he's recovering. THENNN... spits in Rivera's corner after he wins. He tried blaming it all on Rivera making comments about his family, his fiancee in particular. However, Rivera said nothing of that sort, and Bisping tried turning the heat towards him instead. Classless retard. Cannot wait til he gets real competition.

Sotiropolus vs Siver

Shocking actually. Didn't realize how bad George's satndup game was. Siver picked him apart and even dropped him real good in the first. I don't think Siver's a contender or anything, but a well deserved win indeed.

Lytle vs Ebersole

My fave fight of the main card for sure. Ebersole overwhelmed Lytle at times, and was crazy good on the ground. Great UFC debut against a very legit opponent. Nice arrow chest hair too! Ha ha

Noak vs Cammozi

Uhhhh... quick? Noak takes his back, chokes him out. See ya later Camozzi.

Hey guys, I saw this on MTV the other day. Bully Beatdown - a reality show. Pretty cool.

This puts into perspective how quick and effectively an MMA expert can beat down regular joes or even the biggest steroid junkies going. Just because you're big, doesn't mean you can fight worth sh1t.

MMA expert Eddie Alvarez beats down a 5'4 160 lb 315 bench pressing juice head. TKO'd with three kicks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg35EOJOKMQ

You do realize the show is staged right?!?!

Wow, no mention of last night's show yet?? Okay I'll do it!

Penn vs Fitch

Went exactly as I thought it would. Boring. The draw was legit, as long as you give BJ rounds 1 and 2. Fitch is just beyond boring. No finish in this guy at all.... sounds familiar.

Bisping vs Rivera

First off, I'm sick of the UFC giving Bisping opponents that are hardly worthy of the prelims. That's another story though. What kills me is the way this hypocritical douche acted last night. Not only gives a blatant illegal knee to a downed opponent, but then taunts him wand raises his arms in the air while he's recovering. THENNN... spits in Rivera's corner after he wins. He tried blaming it all on Rivera making comments about his family, his fiancee in particular. However, Rivera said nothing of that sort, and Bisping tried turning the heat towards him instead. Classless retard. Cannot wait til he gets real competition.

Sotiropolus vs Siver

Shocking actually. Didn't realize how bad George's satndup game was. Siver picked him apart and even dropped him real good in the first. I don't think Siver's a contender or anything, but a well deserved win indeed.

Lytle vs Ebersole

My fave fight of the main card for sure. Ebersole overwhelmed Lytle at times, and was crazy good on the ground. Great UFC debut against a very legit opponent. Nice arrow chest hair too! Ha ha

Noak vs Cammozi

Uhhhh... quick? Noak takes his back, chokes him out. See ya later Camozzi.

I thought it was a surprisingly entertaining card considering the relative lack of big names.

Anyway I disagree on the Fitch fight, even Penn said he'd lost that fight and as far as Fitch looking boring, well a motivated Penn is a hard guy to look good against. If it had been a 5 round fight then Penn would have been probably been stopped in the next round.

Michael "The C*unt" Bisping took douchebag up to the next level and a little more, also he has to be the most politically favored guy in MMA.

Ebersole was entertaining, can't wait to see more of him.

Bisbing is a b*tch.

That was an intentional knee.

Rivera could have easily disqualified Bisbing, but he showed tremendous heart and kept fighting.

Bisbing can talk all the trash he wants, but the second someone does it to him he acts like a whiny little girl.

He's lucky he's the UFC's Biggest draw from Europe, bring back Hendo.

looks like it's confirm.. lesnar vs Junior Dos Santos in vancouver..

http://www.sportsnet.ca/mma/2011/03/03/ufc_vancouver/?utm_source=MMA%20lineup%20RSS-Images&utm_medium=feed&utm_content=Lesnar%2C%20JDS%20to%20headline%20UFC%20in%20Vancouver

The Ultimate Fighter season 13 coaches Brock Lesnar and Junior Dos Santos will meet in the main event of UFC 131 in Vancouver, it was officially announced on the UFC’s web show "The Ultimate Insider” on Friday.

The event, the organization’s second trip to the city after UFC 115 last year, will take place June 11 at Rogers Arena.

The two heavyweights will be opposing coaches on the reality show, which will premiere on March 30 on Rogers Sportsnet. The winner of their matchup will become No. 1 contender to the UFC’s heavyweight title held by Cain Velasquez.

Diego's face got so messed up, right after Kampmann shook off his hand after I think he broke it Diego's face instantly swelled up and looked nasty. I don't know how all the judges scored it 29-28 Sanchez I thought Kampmann got robbed.

Dana White: There was no loser in 'Sanchez vs Kampmann' but if he had to pick one it was 'The Hitman'

I dont see how Dana could say if he was to pick a loser in that fight it would be Kampmann

diego_sanchez_face_crop_340x234.jpg?1299275410

Edited by rampage

<br />Diego's face got so messed up, right after Kampmann shook off his hand after I think he broke it Diego's face instantly swelled up and looked nasty. I don't know how all the judges scored it 29-28 Sanchez I thought Kampmann got robbed. <br /><br />Dana White: There was no loser in 'Sanchez vs Kampmann' but if he had to pick one it was 'The Hitman' <br /><br /><br />I dont see how Dana could say if he was to pick a loser in that fight it would be Kampmann<br /><br />diego_sanchez_face_crop_340x234.jpg?1299275410<br />

After finishing a fight and needing reconstructive surgery, you better hope the hell you got the win at least.