The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

There will be more UFC cards. It also unifies the heavyweight division.

Let's face it. The problem with the boxing is that it is now fractured into various associations. Unifying MMA is a good thing. That said....new associations will rise up to compete with the UFC.

If you want to see what may happen to Strikeforce, look no further than the WEC. They will keep the two seperate until existing fighter contracts with Strikeforce are done. Once that happens it will be "easier" for them to "clean house" and merge the two, or turn SF into the "minor league". Money talks and BS walks, whichever makes Zuffa the most money will be the direction they go, period.

There will be more UFC cards. It also unifies the heavyweight division.

Let's face it. The problem with the boxing is that it is now fractured into various associations. Unifying MMA is a good thing. That said....new associations will rise up to compete with the UFC.

If you listened to the Dana White Video, he said both will still be separate entities. Nobody from Strikeforce is going to the UFC and vice-versa.

They can also re-sign with Scott Coker and Strikeforce when their contracts are up.

Yea I don't really know how to feel about this. I love that all of the Wec guys are in the UFC now, but we get less fights than before, so i don't understand what White was saying that he wants to have need more and more fights, if so why did he stop putting on Wec events?

I want to see Allistair Overeem fight in the UFC

THIS.

It would have to wait though since Dana said fighters wouldn't be crossing over but I can see the same thing that happend to WEC happening to Strikeforce. Would also be cool to see GSP vs Nick Diaz.

Dana finally got Fedor...sorta but he had to buy the whole organization to get him. Hoping they merge so we can finally see him fight in the UFC.

fedor more then likely will retire before fighting in the ufc.

also i loved the wec merger. the guys at 145 and 135 are so exciting. The downside was that now we have to pay to see guys like aldo, faber, and cruz fight. Before it was free. Having more cards is nice but i really hope they have less PPV's. I dont wanna be going to bars every second saturday just to watch a UFC PPV. They really need to get a cable tv deal done.

The thing I dont like about Zuffa buying Strikeforce is that i dont really thinks its good for fans of the sport to have one big company . UFC has become a monopoly now. Sure they'll have a few good fighters come to the UFC after a few years or whenever these guys honour their contracts for strikeforce but fighters need to have a 2nd option. JMMA is on a major decline. Dream will be liklely be bankrupt, so strikeforce and bellator were the only two big organizations. Even for fans, having more competition is a great thing. The strikeforce heavyweight tourny being an example of that. Strikeforce has been putting on excellent free cards for a while now. It sucks knowing that they wont be around for very long now.

Yeah that punch was surprising to me, I thought is was going the distance and schuab would win 2-1, but yeah, si, Shogun Rua or Jones? I say Jones, as he is much bigger .

PS: Dan Miller or Nate the Great? I say Dan Unanymous decision

By the way,hours before the fight:

Jon jones stops robber

JonesJacksonROBBER.jpg

Eat your heart out Bob Reilly. Mixed martial arts is a lot more than a money grab viewed by savage fans; it can be a real life saver. Today in the streets of Paterson, N.J., Jon Jones and his trainers applied their gym techniques when they spotted a robber, chased him down and subdued him Saturday afternoon.

Jones, who is fighting Saturday evening in Newark for the UFC light heavyweight title, was on his way to meditate in front of a waterfall in northern New Jersey. Jones, along with Greg Jackson and Mike Winklejohn, spotted the suspect breaking into a car and stealing some objects. The group shouted at the robber and he took off.

Jones, Jackson and Winklejohn pursued him on foot. Jones, the youngest of the group at 23, caught up to the robber and tripped him to the ground. Jackson told Yahoo!'s Kevin Iole that Jones "foot swept" the suspect.

With the robber on the ground, Jackson began yelling to his fighter to stay away. Once the trainers caught up to robber, he tried to get up. Jackson said he "double-legged" him and jumped on top applying an arm bar. Winklejohn went for the other arm to make sure he didn't have a weapon. In the scuffle, the robber was bloodied. The trainers said some blood got on their pants. Shortly afterward, the police arrived to arrest the suspect.