The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

Carwin reminds me of a new Mark Coleman. Anyone else seeing the resemblence? Not fighting style-wise, just by looks.

19439.jpg

Mark-Coleman.jpg

Carwin looks like the offspring of Nicolas Cage & Chris Leben.

im going to have to combine the 2 and say he looks like the lovechild of mark coleman and nicolas cage.

Tapout kinda is the UFC

Not really. Tapout is a t-shirt brand. Now if Tapout owned the UFC that would make it the UFC. They are not one in the same. It's not like Affliction where the t-shirt company actually owns part of that promotion. Tapout is a name brand that piggybacks off of the UFC. If tomorrow there were no Tapout advertisements at UFC. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't even notice it.

Not really. Tapout is a t-shirt brand. Now if Tapout owned the UFC that would make it the UFC. They are not one in the same. It's not like Affliction where the t-shirt company actually owns part of that promotion. Tapout is a name brand that piggybacks off of the UFC. If tomorrow there were no Tapout advertisements at UFC. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't even notice it.

What i mean by Tapout is the UFC, is that tapout is a HUGE sponser of MMA fighters. without Tapout the UFC wouldnt be as mainstream as it is. Fighters would be going to boxing or somewhere else for the money.

What i mean by Tapout is the UFC, is that tapout is a HUGE sponser of MMA fighters. without Tapout the UFC wouldnt be as mainstream as it is. Fighters would be going to boxing or somewhere else for the money.

They wouldn't have any issues getting more sponsors. Sponsorship for something successful pretty much finds them. As much as I really don't care for the UFC or Dana white. They do know what they are doing when it comes to advertising their product.

You got it backwards. It was the UFC that made Tapout mainstream. Those Tapout freaks even said that in one of their shows. The sold t-shirts out of the back of their truck at UFC shows. UFC also made Affliction and Couture mainstream. So yeah, no t-shirt company or sponsor for that matter owns the UFC. Company's sponsor fighters to get air-time.

You got it backwards. It was the UFC that made Tapout mainstream. Those Tapout freaks even said that in one of their shows. The sold t-shirts out of the back of their truck at UFC shows. UFC also made Affliction and Couture mainstream. So yeah, no t-shirt company or sponsor for that matter owns the UFC. Company's sponsor fighters to get air-time.

If there were no sponsors in the UFC there wouldn't be as many fighters. They need each other.

Damnit Machida's fighting Evans. I wanted to see some black on black Crime! I guess Rampages hand was hurt pretty bad, oh well. Undefeated Brazilian vs Undefeated Evans.

LOL same i wanted to see rampage get his belt back by beating rashad....I thought rampage hurt his jaw?

Top 10 North American PPV buy rates, 2008

1. Boxing: Oscar De La Hoya vs. Manny Pacquiao, Dec. 6, 1,250,000

2. UFC: Brock Lesnar vs. Randy Couture, Nov. 15, 1,010,000

3. Wrestling: WrestleMania, Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Paul “Big Show” Wight, March 30, 670,000

4. UFC: Georges St. Pierre vs. Jon Fitch/Lesnar vs. Heath Herring, Aug. 9, 625,000

5. UFC: Lesnar vs. Frank Mir, Feb. 2, 600,000

6. UFC: Quinton Jackson vs. Forrest Griffin, July 5, 540,000

7. UFC: St. Pierre vs. Matt Serra, April 19, 530,000

8. Boxing: Felix Trinidad vs. Roy Jones Jr., Jan. 19, 500,000

9. UFC: Chuck Liddell vs. Rashad Evans, Sept. 6, 480,000

10. UFC: B.J. Penn vs. Sean Sherk/Tito Ortiz vs. Lyoto Machida, May 24, 475,000