The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

6 hours ago, BCNeil said:

Card is a disaster.  They should just make the main event a 3-way.  

how is the card a disaster?  lol this whole weekend has great fights with big names.  All the fights on the card would headline any other card.  Just had a title fight tonight that changed hands, another title fight tomorrow on tv.

Silva and Lesnar are here!!!!!!!!  LETS GO

Edited by JV77
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Neversummer said:

Silva is going to get pulvarized.  

They will have to use the mercy rule to stop the fight after round 1.  

I doubt you're right,but at least if he does get pulvarized as did St Pierre against Big Rigg,i'm sure they won't make a mockery of the fight and raise his hand as the winner,as they did in the St Pierre fight.

Edited by fagin

21 hours ago, JV77 said:

how is the card a disaster?  lol this whole weekend has great fights with big names.  All the fights on the card would headline any other card.  Just had a title fight tonight that changed hands, another title fight tomorrow on tv.

Silva and Lesnar are here!!!!!!!!  LETS GO

It's an excellent card with Meisha tate fight as the headliner,even though as you say there are 4 MAJOR headline fights,so you're perfectly correct.Some people will whine no matter what.

22 hours ago, JV77 said:

how is the card a disaster?  lol this whole weekend has great fights with big names.  All the fights on the card would headline any other card.

Silva and Lesnar are here!!!!!!!!

Even the prelims are good!  They could be a regular ppv as well.

7 minutes ago, canucks3322 said:

What's everyones prediction for tonight? Mines are Nunes, Lesnar,DC,Edgar, Velaquez, Zingano,Dillashaw, Gastelum, Northcutt, Lauzon, Miller.

Predictions:

Nunes, Lesnar, DC, Aldo, Browne, Zigano, Dillishaw, Gastelum, Northcutt, Lauzon, Mousasi, Miller

Cheering for:

Tate, Lesnar, Silva, Edgar, Dillishaw, Hendricks, Northcutt and don't really care about the outcome of the other fights (not to say that they won't be good, just that I don't care about the record of either fighter).

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Predictions:

Nunes, Lesnar, DC, Aldo, Browne, Zigano, Dillishaw, Gastelum, Northcutt, Lauzon, Mousasi, Miller

Cheering for:

Tate, Lesnar, Silva, Edgar, Dillishaw, Hendricks, Northcutt and don't really care about the outcome of the other fights (not to say that they won't be good, just that I don't care about the record of either fighter).

Totally forgot about Mousasi fighting

22 minutes ago, canucks3322 said:

What's everyones prediction for tonight? Mines are Nunes, Lesnar,DC,Edgar, Velaquez, Zingano,Dillashaw, Gastelum, Northcutt, Lauzon, Miller.

Anyone want to play a game? lol

1 point per pick; No points if the wrong fighter is chosen, 3 points + 1 for picking all 3 right the Fighter, Round, and Whether its KO/Dec/Sub.

Gomi Rd 3. Dec.

Mousassi Rd 2. KO

Torn on the Lauzon/Sanchez fight; going with Sanchez Rd 3.Dec.

Northcutt Rd 3 Dec.

Dillashaw Rd 3 Dec. (Not sure about this one either >.>)

Hendricks Rd 2. KO

Zingano Rd 2. Sub

Vesasquez Rd. 2 KO

Edgar Rd 2. KO

DC Rd 1 KO - I've heard rumours about Silva coming off of Galbladder surgery or something. - I could also see this going to other way with a crane kick to the face, it IS Silva, lol.

Hunt Rd 1 KO - I think Brock Lesnar is going to get knocked the F*** out.

Tate vs Nunes - Tate Rd 5 Dec. - War.

Cheering for pretty much everyone on the damn card.

I don't dislike anybody there, I love this card, I just wish McGregor V Diaz/DC Vs Jones could have happened to help push it right over the top.

Edited by Chris
*sips Coffee*

2 hours ago, Down by the River said:

Predictions:

Cheering for:

I think it's fair to say they've assembled such a card that no matter what type of fighter you like,there's one for everyone's preference

Ugh. This main PPV card has been awful besides the Cain fight. Edgar looked like he was training to fight the Aldo who was knocked out in 13 seconds. Silva would absolutely have defeated Cormier if he could keep the fight standing up (Cormier is such a boring fighter and was going to get beaten by Jones so he must be pleased by the payday + being undisputed champion). 

1 minute ago, zzbottom said:

Ugh. This main PPV card has been awful besides the Cain fight. Edgar looked like he was training to fight the Aldo who was knocked out in 13 seconds. Silva would absolutely have defeated Cormier if he could keep the fight standing up (Cormier is such a boring fighter and was going to get beaten by Jones so he must be pleased by the payday + being undisputed champion). 

Dillashaw fight has been the best one so far imo.  

3 minutes ago, zzbottom said:

Yep, I thought Rashad Evans was boring as LHWC, Cormier beats him hands down in DULL.

• Upvote 1