The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

Standing: Where are you? That's a lot of shovelling. Reminds me of my hometown, cold and lots of snow, in the 50's. Walked up hills both ways, to and from school, as well. LOL!

North Cariboo.... Lol uphill is sketchy, icy downhill is worse, but I don't walk nowhere until march or April :P

In North Delta it looks like it could be raining a bit. Hard to tell without going outside to feel it. I really hope the airport is running fine tomorrow because I'm headed to Mexico in the mornin. Adios Slush!

• 1 month later...

Possible snowfall for the long weekend?

It is SOOO cold outside. Particularly at SFU, the wind is bone chilling.

Environment Canada has issued a weather alert for Metro Vancouver this upcoming Family Day long-weekend

The government agency is expecting an untimely snowstorm based on evolving weather patterns and the storm’s direction towards the South Coast and Southwest Interior of British Columbia. A moisture packed system will mix in with the region’s cold air from the arctic outflow.

“While the details are still to be determined, forecasters are confident this storm will greatly impact the South Coast and Southwest Interior,” says a statement released this evening by Environment Canada.

Forecasters will release a special weather statement on Friday and will issue snowfall and/or other warnings within 24 hours of the first snowfall. At present, snowfall is expected to begin early-morning on Sunday and will continue until Tuesday afternoon.

Travellers during the long-weekend are advised by Environment Canada to make back-up plans in advance of disruptions to the region’s transportation network.

While the weather in sight could be a havoc for travellers, it will most certainly be a boon to local ski hills that have been suffering from a lull in snow this winter season.

http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2014/02/severe-snowstorm-expected-metro-vancouver-family-day-long-weekend/

Possible snowfall for the long weekend?

It is SOOO cold outside. Particularly at SFU, the wind is bone chilling.

http://www.vancitybu...y-long-weekend/

Did the Government forget what weekend they applied their new holiday to? It would seem they are a week early here. I like how the cold weather has seemed dry lately. I'll be adding the sand bags back into my truck this weekend.