The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

Wow, "scorched" is a serious under-estimation. No better words than what has been said earlier by others. Perfect fit, can skate with anyone, catalyst for better players, clean-up and set up man, unafraid (I mean he's small but he was all over Thorton the other nite!!!). One of my favorites. Salut Alexandre!!

• Upvote 1

I just re-read the op, first time in forever. I lol'ed so hard at the end where he says to keep krog, pettinger or brown and i was like "who?" and then i remembered and i lol'ed again.

the only thing I remember about Pettinger was once going into OT, I decided to make a crazy prediction and called him with the game winner. He wound up trying to block a shot, the puck went off his skate, and into our own net. Bad call on my part.

i swear the second i can im changing my name on here to clutch and paying homage to a great

i wish CDC had rafters so we could hang clutches numbers off them

A number of players (Carter, Pyatt, etc) definitely benefited from playing with the Sedins. I don't think there's any question that Burrows also benefits from playing with them. The difference, in my mind, is that Burrows really is the first player that the Sedins have benefited from playin with.

Every other player has taken on the role of a bag of pucks for the Sedins to bank shots off of into the net. Burrows is the first player to actually bring a new element to their game that has helped them step it up to another level. His level of compete and commitment generates all kinds of opportunities for the Sedins to cash in on that any other linemate simply would not have created. Their rise from exceptional players to truly elite coincides with them starting to play with Burrows, and I don't thank that's simply happenstance.

Burr is the first guy that actually helps them back.

• Upvote 3

A number of players (Carter, Pyatt, etc) definitely benefited from playing with the Sedins. I don't think there's any question that Burrows also benefits from playing with them. The difference, in my mind, is that Burrows really is the first player that the Sedins have benefited from playin with.

Every other player has taken on the role of a bag of pucks for the Sedins to bank shots off of into the net. Burrows is the first player to actually bring a new element to their game that has helped them step it up to another level. His level of compete and commitment generates all kinds of opportunities for the Sedins to cash in on that any other linemate simply would not have created. Their rise from exceptional players to truly elite coincides with them starting to play with Burrows, and I don't thank that's simply happenstance.

This is so true. Burrows actually makes them better, whereas Pyatt and Bernier never could do that. He works so well with them because he isn't only the recipient of those Sedin passes, he makes plays along with them too instead of just going to the front of the net and staying there. Such a smart player and a perfect compliment to them too.

i agree 100%

but i meant

Clutch the thread maker

Some great points being made about how Burr's helped the Sedins to elevate their game vs simply being the beneficiary of it. I love how he's in tune with where they're going to be on the ice...he can do those little back passes right onto their sticks and the flow and synchronicity between the 3 of them is pretty incredible to watch. Burrdins, yep.