The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

Everyone knows that this thread will come full circle when the legendary clutch breaks even. It will be like the last little bit of negativity being purged from the forums. That and when DL breaks even :lol:

But it is good to get rid of all this negativity because there will be nothing to -1 come June this year :D :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel: :emot-parrot:

Edit! This was my 1000th (not counting white/brown/double rainbow noise) post! And it was in our buddy clutch's thread.. :bigblush:

Way too long to sig though, lol

Edited by RoyalFlush2233
  • Upvote 1

Everyone knows that this thread will come full circle when the legendary clutch breaks even. It will be like the last little bit of negativity being purged from the forums. That and when DL breaks even :lol:

But it is good to get rid of all this negativity because there will be nothing to -1 come June this year :D :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel: :emot-parrot:

Edit! This was my 1000th (not counting white/brown/double rainbow noise) post! And it was in our buddy clutch's thread.. :bigblush:

Way too long to sig though, lol

Congratulations on 1000 posts!

Burrows is AWESOME!!!!! I think though depending on how Cody and Jordan do, you can forseeably see Burrows dropping down to the third line(in a few years). MG wanted our team to have more grit, and be harder to play against...but guess what? Burrows does that VERY VERY well, people are fast to forget that Burrows made his mark on the Canucks as a solid defensive player that was a pain in the a$$ for the other team to play against. I think what was missing from the Canucks from the series with the Hawks was that "a$$hole" factor, the guy that would just run rampant and get guys off their game...before Burrows was with the Sedins, that was his bread and butter. Im not saying we should take Burr out of our top line because he's certainly earned that spot, but that is what really makes Burrows so special. He can play in pretty much any situation, like say in the future, Hodgson/Schroeder/ Samuelsson have a slump of sorts, AV has that option of sticking Burr in the first line. Look beyond the goals, even without scoring 30+ goals, Alex Burrows' defensive work, grit, and hardwork is still worth the $2million he's getting paid.

I think the new game is to see how long it takes to get him to even. It's all a ploy by Stealth though. He's trying to entice Clutch to come back before giving us back our negative button so that we can make Clutch feel like an idiot all over again.

Good plan Stealh, good plan.

That'd be hilarious, all these trolls come out of their shells and show their true colors.. two days later, -1 mysteriously re-appears, and the poor unsuspecting trolls get negged into oblivion.. :lol: