The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

I think that pretty soon the thread will start creating it's own posts...

Judgement Day: The day the burrows thread became self aware.

LOL

But in all seriousness....to answer the OP (for the millionth time) .....YES! Now more than ever. He's the glue that holds the team together. Even Kesler cannot duplicate the chemistry that the TwinBurrrrrrr! line has.

:unsure:

Did I really hear that he skated yesterday (?) or the day before and it didn't go so well and he was going to try again today?

Or am I dreaming in injury reports and updates now? Which makes me seriously needing a hockey related 12 step program.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Cuporbust2

Getting off to a slow start away from the Sedin line. Hope he pickes up the secondary scoring. 0 points in 5 games ........ Let's go burr. Time ta pick it up bro. Nice to get a shoot out goal, but he needs more than a fight and a shoutout goal in 5 games IMO. I hope he gets a chance to show he's not just a Sedin pupet in scoring this year on a regular basis.

Edited by Cuporbust2

Do we really NEED him? No, not really. Would i ever trade him? Probably. Could you ever trade him? Nope.

Burrows will be a Canuck for the rest of his career; however, if you ignore all the sentimental stuff, he probably should be the odd-man out in our top-6. He's the only guy that could fetch a bonafide top-6 scorer. Who else could you trade? Higgins? Nah.

Do we really NEED him? No, not really. Would i ever trade him? Probably. Could you ever trade him? Nope.

Burrows will be a Canuck for the rest of his career; however, if you ignore all the sentimental stuff, he probably should be the odd-man out in our top-6. He's the only guy that could fetch a bonafide top-6 scorer. Who else could you trade? Higgins? Nah.

why would you look to trade him? or anyone on our current roster? we may be adding a player(s) but i dont think we will be subtracting any (fringe players, prospect excluded)

Is this the proverbial test of Burr? Whether or not he can consistently produce without the Sedins?

Frankly I think he's still worth it potting in here and there due to his agitating/forechecking style.

His production will go down due to playing in different role, but his production will be consistent, just at a lower pace. i would say without the sedins he is anywhere between 18-25 goals.. a goal every 2.5-4 games sounds about right playing with Santorelli and Higgins. he is also on PP unit 2.