The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Game Of Thrones: To the point of the TV show, no spoilers beyond that

Mr.Noodles

Spoiler alert eh? People who haven't read the books might not like to read that since it gives a picture of how it all will end.

It does? Looks like all ancient history to me....

Edit:....but whatevs. If you think so.... :unsure: ...spoilers it is.

Edited by RUPERTKBD

Oh my jesus, that was so good.

But I can't help but think, is the giant going to walk through the entire ocean?

His in the trailer for the next episode, so he probably swam across the ocean.

19 actually.

18 when she filmed the scene :emot-parrot:

It does? Looks like all ancient history to me....

Edit:....but whatevs. If you think so.... :unsure: ...spoilers it is.

Big Spoiler... no one read if not interested...

It is believed the Starks are direct descendants of the Others (White Walkers), and that John Snow somehow holds the key to their "defeat". It is widely believed the Other's don't have conquest motives, but act as a sort of balance. My personal theory is they are the ones who can end Winter and their motives are misinterpreted.

Edited by canuckster19

It is believed the Starks are direct descendants of the Others (White Walkers), and that John Snow somehow holds the key to their "defeat". It is widely believed the Other's don't have conquest motives, but act as a sort of balance. My personal theory is they are the ones who can end Winter and their motives are misinterpreted.

SPOILERS

IMO, Jon Snow is half Targaryen and half Stark (R+L=J) and is one of the three dragons (Daenerys being the other and possibly Tyrion?). Thus, killing the White Walkers.

Come on where did you hear that fan theory from?? LOL!

The theory of their relation is directly from the books.Old Nan's story to Bran about the Night King.

Exactly, meaning that 'theory' is the other way around. If the Nights King is who Old Nan said he was, then he was a man first.

That was great, yeah. Sometimes you're hit with these moments where you're like, "oh, that's where the entire budget went." And it's glorious. Epically sweeping, and sufficiently haunting. The battle scenes with the Crows and the North have punctuated both this season and the last. Can't wait for more.

Was very happy that Edd somehow made it out of there alive. I expected him to have died multiple times before they boarded that final ship. His potential replacement as my favourite character while I awaited his death was that mom that showed up, but died within minutes after being mauled by those walker kids. Hers was the creepiest zombie awakening for obvious reasons.

SPOILERS

IMO, Jon Snow is half Targaryen and half Stark (R+L=J) and is one of the three dragons (Daenerys being the other and possibly Tyrion?). Thus, killing the White Walkers.

Well yeah, my theory still works if that theory is true.

Maybe Valyrian steel works like dragon glass?

maybe they make valyrian steel by forging it with dragon glass bits?

according to the wiki: Dragonglass is a common name in Westeros for the substance known as obsidian, a form of volcanic glass. Along with Valyrian steel, it is one of the two known substances capable of killing White Walkers.

maybe they make valyrian steel by forging it with dragon glass bits?

according to the wiki: Dragonglass is a common name in Westeros for the substance known as obsidian, a form of volcanic glass. Along with Valyrian steel, it is one of the two known substances capable of killing White Walkers.

Someone could've just updated that after the last episode. As far as I know, the books have said nothing about Valyrian steel being able to kill whiteys.