The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are you listening to?

Rate this topic

knowing the little bit about smithers that I do , and the surrounding  town's , new hazelton ,south hazelton ,telkwa,  burns lake,  going to the fall fair or the telkwa rodeo  you get a sense that everybody knows one another which is very cool (tight knit) the fact that everybodys embraced Alex Cuba is also very cool ,at a time when there's so much hostility in the world....SMITHER'S IS A SPECIAL PLACE.

Edited by chon derry
48 minutes ago, chon derry said:

knowing the little bit about smithers that I do , and the surrounding  town's , new hazelton ,south hazelton ,telkwa,  burns lake,  going to the fall fair or the telkwa rodeo  you get a sense that everybody knows one another which is very cool (tight knit) the fact that everybodys embraced Alex Cuba is also very cool ,at a time when there's so much hostility in the world....SMITHER'S IS A SPECIAL PLACE.

Indeed it is!! I have family there and spent part of every summer there as a kid while my dad fished Moricetown. I lived there as an adult as well and have always said that if there is one place in BC I would move back to in a heartbeat, it would be Smithers! I was thrilled when I realized Alex Cuba is from Smithers.....

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

Indeed it is!! I have family there and spent part of every summer there as a kid while my dad fished Moricetown. I lived there as an adult as well and have always said that if there is one place in BC I would move back to in a heartbeat, it would be Smithers! I was thrilled when I realized Alex Cuba is from Smithers.....

i spent a late summer and part of the fall 77 playing for the Nat's ,prior to that my family shared a cabin, I don't know why I call it a cabin it was a house on Babine lake ,past suskwa lodge ,across the lake was an old abandoned church , and there was wild horses there, I was choked when the garner family  and my parents sold it.  I too would move there given the right opportunity   ,did a lot of grouse hunting ,  char fishing ,  I used to ride my bike down to the fish gate ,and the lady would give me a nice meal ,and usually a few sockeye ,  that where going thru the gate,  beautiful place.

Edited by chon derry
1 hour ago, Cerridwen said:

your father fished by the view point and the telkwa hi road bridge? with the long pole hooks and nets? that would take some steady nerves, the river is movin there!   i've watched that, its pretty impressive.

1024px-Wet'suwet'en_fishing_site_on_Bulkley_River_at_Moricetown_Canyon.jpg

Edited by chon derry