The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tennis

-DLC-

I'm disappointed, as they're not airing this match in India. They have a weird aversion to showing women's tennis here, as they stick exclusively to later round coverage. To watch a match between my two favourite women's players immediately following a match between my two favourite mens players would've made for an awesome morning.

^ Aww that's too bad

Maybe it has something to do with the clothing worn by the women? I recall India having a problem with Sania Mirza because of her outfits.

It's sad that they didn't recognize her talent and the fact that she was putting India on the map with regards to tennis. They couldn't look past a cultural belief.

Anyways it was a great match. Ivanovic made some fantastic shots. I've rarely seen her hit with such confidence. Hope she has a great season, she's one of my favourites to watch when she's on her game.

^ Aww that's too bad

Maybe it has something to do with the clothing worn by the women? I recall India having a problem with Sania Mirza because of her outfits.

It's sad that they didn't recognize her talent and the fact that she was putting India on the map with regards to tennis. They couldn't look past a cultural belief.

Anyways it was a great match. Ivanovic made some fantastic shots. I've rarely seen her hit with such confidence. Hope she has a great season, she's one of my favourites to watch when she's on her game.

I have to believe it's a bit of that (that controversy always annoyed me). But it's also that they don't seem to respect any achievement by women in sports in general. There are 5-6 sports specific channels, and rarely is there even a mention about it (only women's tennis, however little that is). I know they're setting up a new golf specific channel, but during the promo video I saw, there wasn't an appearance or even a mention of the LPGA tour.

It's just kind of how it is here.

Isner won the first set 7-6(6). Also during Isners 2nd service game of the 2nd set Djokovic missed a shot at the net and let out a huge scream in anger. 3-2 on a change over for Djokovic. Isner to serve.