The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder Talk

carlweezer

He has the skills to be a #1 but size issue hinders his chance at developing into a #1 franchise center.

So #2.

The kid has the skills to be a #1 with his blazing speed, quick accurate wrister, and Insane vision(much like cody) but his size might limit what he would be able to do. If he was 6 feet, no question he would have been a top 5 pick in the 2009 draft, maybe even top 3 over Duchane.

over duchene.. :picard:

In fairness, I remember during the year he was drafted (2009) the talk was that he was a top 10 pick. I guess he fell because of his size and I remember Canucks brass talking like they were completely shocked that he was available when they were up to make their pick. They actually had their mind made up about who they were going to draft and all that and when Schroeder was still available they through that all out the window and pretty much said "Frick it, we're grabbing this guy". As it turns out, they got the guy they were targetting in the 2nd round anyways: Anton Rodin.

Gillis did say he would give Schroeder a shot at some point this season. I don't know why he'd say that if he didn't plan on it.

Maybe he figured we'd have more injuries, who knows.

Probably once we've clinched the 2nd seed. Basically after we win three or four more games. Technically it's five wins to clinch the 2nd seed but I can't see Dallas (or any of the other 7th-11th seeds) going 8-1-1.

Guest Dasein

Don't see him getting a call up this season though Gillis said he'd like to see it happen.

This team will need to be in prime shape going into the playoffs and make sure everything is clicking. I don't see Gillis bringing in a prospect in the last 4-5 games to "reward" him when we're getting ready for a long playoff run.

I think he'll be the #1 call up next season though.

Guest Dasein

maybe with daniel going down that will open up a door for jordan. Hopefully it doesnt come to that though fingers crossed for danny playing in colorado.

Fckkkkkk

Yeah, that thought crossed my mind too as soon as I saw Daniel leave the game and not come back. Seeing as he's flown back to Vancouver, it doesn't look too good for Colorado either.

I wonder who will be called up - hopefully it's Schroeder.

EDIT: Though, I think Ebbett is healthy again? Not sure if he's ready to play, but I heard he skated. Anyways, I'd still like to see Schroeder up.

Reinprecht is also playing well and I liked what Ebbett did when he played for us. I think he was under appreciated.

That said I like Schroeder because he seems to have a nasty/hard edge to him and if that is channelled properly it usually helps in a step up.

Reinprecht is also playing well and I liked what Ebbett did when he played for us. I think he was under appreciated.

That said I like Schroeder because he seems to have a nasty/hard edge to him and if that is channelled properly it usually helps in a step up.

Well I don't know about the nasty edge part :lol: but he's definitely been a lot 'grittier' in that he's going to the tough areas and battling it out in the corners.

Still hoping he gets a 1 or 2-game before the end of the year. He's earned it IMO. And what a blast on that goal, thanks for posting.

Archived