The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder Talk

carlweezer

lmao, is this really true? I always had a feeling that Cody was kind of a pansy but c`mon. I almost feel bad for him

I guess I should say something about Schroeder... Hopefully he makes the team next year! We could use his offense and lack of milk drinking.

Something tells me that Schroeder is that guy who will always walk around with a bottle of Gatorade on him :P

But yes, I hope he makes the team as well, he can fill CoHo's role.

It is pretty obvious that he prefers vets, but I don't think he'd hold Jordan back just because he was young. Cody didn't get moved to the second line because whenever it was tried he showed no chemistry with Kesler. If Jordan gets a good look there and puts up points, I'd say he'd stay there until he wasn't looking effective. Of course, we may be seeing a different coach next season, so that changes everything.

"whenever it was tried" ya, for all 2 shifts or so...

"whenever it was tried" ya, for all 2 shifts or so...

Also, when it was tried, there was no chemistry because Kesler is the biggest f*cking puck hog. He was TERRIBLE this season. He'd better go shoot 500 pucks a day this off-season, it's going to be a long one.

If gillis trades schroeder then what is the point in drafting, because that would be his first two first round draft picks, gone.

No, in my mind schroeder should get a couple games in the bigs next season, maybe a fill in for an injury or healthy scratch. Get a taste, see what he does, then send him down with instructions for the next call up he gets. Same thing we were going to do with coho, but then he earned a spot on the team.

Now that Cody has been traded, Schroeder has a golden opportunity in front of him. He is now the team's best forward prospect and he WILL get his chances to make the NHL roster. I hope he realizes that he's now a big part of the team's future and works hard to make an impact. Heaven knows we need a fresh dose of skill and new blood.

lmao, is this really true? I always had a feeling that Cody was kind of a pansy but c`mon. I almost feel bad for him

I guess I should say something about Schroeder... Hopefully he makes the team next year! We could use his offense and lack of milk drinking.

It is definitely true, I assure you. That said, hopefully Schroeder can fit in better with the team. Let's hope one of the vets orders Schroeder's "beer" for him before he can embarrass himself like Hodgson.

Get rid of Raymond and let Jensen/Schroeder fight for that spot in training camp.

Time to stop signing veterans and give OUR young players a chance.

Ironically, those two statements are in direct contradiction to each other.

Raymond = OUR young player

I can see you wanting prospects to be given an greater opening to try and make the team, but don't confuse bringing in depth with excluding chances for our prospects. If they're good enough, they'll make the team over those depth players brought in, Gillis even specifically stated it talking about not feeling forced to keep players with one way contracts up over younger players with two way contracts if they don't play as well.

gillis wasted a pick with this one

5'9 he'll never play in the nhl

gillis loves em small

shirokov, ballard, grabner, hodgson,

Sorry I couldn't resist bringing this one up 2 of those guys were pre-Gillis regime lol and Hodgson isn't here anymore, what a tool. :picard:

Ironically, those two statements are in direct contradiction to each other.

Raymond = OUR young player

I can see you wanting prospects to be given an greater opening to try and make the team, but don't confuse bringing in depth with excluding chances for our prospects. If they're good enough, they'll make the team over those depth players brought in, Gillis even specifically stated it talking about not feeling forced to keep players with one way contracts up over younger players with two way contracts if they don't play as well.

I know that.

But In the Hockey World Raymond who is 27 is not a young players anymore. He's almost a veteran now and he's not producing.

So once again, it's time to give OUR young players a chance instead of signing a veteran to replace Raymond.

C'mon, it just shows that Cody's a good little boy. Why harp on him? :lol: Why is this even an issue?

Schroeder scored a goal today, it was nice to see. Now has 2 points in 3 games, and is +3. His line has been playing pretty well and generating pressure and drawing penalties at ES. Now the Wolves just have to find a way to stop Matsumoto's line and they have a chance to win this series, but they'll need to keep playing well in front of Lack like they did today.

I don't understand what the problem with someone who would rather drink milk than beer. Is beer some sort of necessity to you people?

Well when you go to a bar, it's kind of expected you're gonna drink alcohol. Otherwise why even go?

Well when you go to a bar, it's kind of expected you're gonna drink alcohol. Otherwise why even go?

to be fair, he was underage at the time, i'm surprised they let him in tbh.

Just imagine the outrage if the canucks #1 prospect was caught underage drinking in the USA.

to be fair, he was underage at the time, i'm surprised they let him in tbh.

Just imagine the outrage if the canucks #1 prospect was caught underage drinking in the USA.

I may be wrong, but I'm fairly certain it happened after the 5-0 loss at home. So he was of legal drinking age which makes it worse. Besides, you can't tell me that kids like Jeff Skinner, Matt Duchene, John Tavares and even Zack Kassian at the beginning of this year don't/didn't go to the bar and drink with their teammates.

And to Psycho_Path, have you ever seen someone order milk at the bar? Probably not because it's embarassing. At least order water if you don't want to have a drink.

Archived