The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Shane O'Brien

Guest AriGold

Guest AriGold

VANCOUVER (NEWS1130) - Canucks defenceman Shane O'Brien has decided not to rock the boat and tempt fate, agreeing to the Canucks' qualifying offer of $1.6 million.

The blueliner had two goals and eight points, in his second year with the Canucks this season, while putting up five playoff points. He has 79 penalty minutes in 65 games.

Three Canucks have filed for arbitration. Mason Raymond, who set career highs in goals, assists and points will likely get a raise. While Jannik Hansen and Tanner Glass also opted for mediation

Good, now they actially have enough depth at the position instead of previous years where we relied on AHL fill-ins, ie: Rome! Now they can take their time and possibly swap one defender whether in a package, etc to upgrade where needed. If they so choose.

Good, now they actially have enough depth at the position instead of previous years where we relied on AHL fill-ins, ie: Rome! Now they can take their time and possibly swap one defender whether in a package, etc to upgrade where needed. If they so choose.

I knew this would happen eventually. SOB is the great equalizer for D-Men salary. His low salary allowed us to spend a little more if needed on other D-men. the organization knows what he is capable of and that he can be good, so this works out well for everyone.

Bieksa being shipped is the really the only good option. I wonder what we will get in return.

I do think however Bieksa is going to have a really good season. Too many reasons why he wants/has to.

Archived