The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What book are you currently reading?

NUCKS4CUP 28

I am now re-reading A Song of Ice and Fire (currently on A Clash of Kings) after about a decade and subsequent frustration at waiting for the final installment.

After watching the first two seasons on HBO, I decided that I had forgotten too much and purchased the box set of the first four books. ADWD should be out on paperback by the time I finish AFFC...

Just finished reading this...

... because of this post. Was a bit disappointed, expectations were a little to high, but I lol'd a couple times. I'm going to start making get well cards with 9 red cars on the front and inside it'll say "Super Super Good Day

I am now re-reading A Song of Ice and Fire (currently on A Clash of Kings) after about a decade and subsequent frustration at waiting for the final installment.

After watching the first two seasons on HBO, I decided that I had forgotten too much and purchased the box set of the first four books. ADWD should be out on paperback by the time I finish AFFC...

didn't enjoy that curious incident book at all.

i'm still struggling through ASOIAF's first book. Really not a fantasy type of guy, but I am enjoying it. 450 pages in!

also reading "if i forget thee, jerusalem" (or "wild palms") by faulkner, as i'm a sucker for fiction from the american south.

enjoying both!

Reading a Storm of Swords by George R.R Martin.

That son of a bit** just ripped my heart out... Utterly... The Red Wedding has to be one of the most gut wrenching sequences ever (that and the Grey King betrayal in Lies of Locke Lamora).

Can someone please share my anguish? I feel so alone :sadno:

Reading a Storm of Swords by George R.R Martin.

That son of a bit** just ripped my heart out... Utterly... The Red Wedding has to be one of the most gut wrenching sequences ever (that and the Grey King betrayal in Lies of Locke Lamora).

Can someone please share my anguish? I feel so alone :sadno:

Just finished reading 'A Long Way Gone'.

Really liked it and I would recommend anyone looking to read a book to check this out. Its a novel written by Ishmael Beah, the protagonist in the story, and he describes in some pretty good details what happened in his childhood and teenage years as a child soldier living in Africa, specifically Sierra Leone.

Archived