The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa you are really...

Zigmund.Palffy

irritation is more like it.

Like I said, that was the first game, that I would say Bxa played very well, almost Salo ish. I'm not saying BXa is a changed man yet, I'll reserve that call until after the next 3 games, they are away vs the Stars, AV's + Sharks. If BXa can maintain his play, minimize mistakes and stay healthy, I'll say he's comng around. Right now though, I still can't wait till Sami gets back.biggrin.gif

Oh, my gosh, my golly, Canucklelion!

I never thought I'd see the day...

The next three games are a huge barometer for the whole team, not just KB3.

Welcome to the "Bieksa Apologists"!

Good on ya, mate!

towel.gif

Shift by shift and play by play Bieksa has been our best over the last 15 games or so and if he keeps this up he will be huge for us! Especially great because he is a bit of a policeman on the ice deterring opponents from rough stuff especially when he is on the ice and without Rypien that means a lot.

The way Bieksa is playing and how valuable he is to the team bringing his A game he is looking like he earns every penny he is making and maybe even a deal if he keeps up his scoring pace as of late.

but I still can't wait til Salo, a big, smooth skating guy with a real shot gets back.

I can't wait til Salo returns.

definitely improve on that role with Salo.

The sooner the better I say

I still can't wait till Salo gets back though.

I still can't wait till Sami gets back.biggrin.gif

Hmmm....something tells me that CANUCKELION can't wait until Salo gets back....

...pissing me off now by playing so well lately. I had it all figured out before. Once Salo is healthy, trade Bieksa. It was simple, neat--an elegant solution. Now, my brain is hurting just trying to figure out what to do with the cap situation. Who to waive? Who to trade? What to do? Argh... seriously Juice, you're giving me a headache! It was so much easier when everyone hated you...

...pissing me off now by playing so well lately. I had it all figured out before. Once Salo is healthy, trade Bieksa. It was simple, neat--an elegant solution. Now, my brain is hurting just trying to figure out what to do with the cap situation. Who to waive? Who to trade? What to do? Argh... seriously Juice, you're giving me a headache! It was so much easier when everyone hated you...

As one of the staunchest Bieksa "apologists", even I had admitted (several times in fact) that moving Juice was the "logical" choice when Salo returned. However, my opinion was based on expediency rather than the "Bieksa sucks, trade him for a bag of pucks" mentality that was in vogue at the beginning of the season.

I was also of the opinion that a healthy Sami Salo is more valuable to the team than Bieksa. However, "healthy" is the operative term here. Even if SS is declared 100%, the fact is, he hasn't played a meaningful hockey game in over six months.

Even though Wallstreet, CANUCKELION, et al are "confident" that Salo will be better than the current Kevin Bieksa, I think they're dreaming in technicolor. More likely, they're hoping Salo reverts to form, because it's absolutely the last bastion of their anti-Bieksa crusade.

I have to believe that Gillis and Gilman have things figured out and will do what's absolutely best for the team.

Several posters here already have their minds made up about what that should entail:

Trade Bieksa, waive Salo, keep him on IR, ask him to waive his NTC, trade Raymond, trade Ballard, trade Samuelsson, etc., etc. The list goes on.

OTOH, I have not made up my mind at all. I can see merit in a lot of different scenarios, which is why I'm content to let the guys who actually get paid to make these decisions do so.

Hey, SID!

How ya doin'? Happy holidays, and all that!

Your head hurts, eh? I think we should set up a pool to see who the winner will be in the Canucks "run-to-the-playoffs-and-stay-one-dollar-under-the-cap drama".

I'd buy one of 2 boxes... the "Waive Salo" box or the "Keep-him-on-LITR-as-long-as-possible-and-put-him-in-for-the-playoffs" box.

Hope your headache doesn't turn into a migraine!

towel.gif

As one of the staunchest Bieksa "apologists", even I had admitted (several times in fact) that moving Juice was the "logical" choice when Salo returned. However, my opinion was based on expediency rather than the "Bieksa sucks, trade him for a bag of pucks" mentality that was in vogue at the beginning of the season.

I was also of the opinion that a healthy Sami Salo is more valuable to the team than Bieksa. However, "healthy" is the operative term here. Even if SS is declared 100%, the fact is, he hasn't played a meaningful hockey game in over six months.

Even though Wallstreet, CANUCKELION, et al are "confident" that Salo will be better than the current Kevin Bieksa, I think they're dreaming in technicolor. More likely, they're hoping Salo reverts to form, because it's absolutely the last bastion of their anti-Bieksa crusade.

I have to believe that Gillis and Gilman have things figured out and will do what's absolutely best for the team.

Several posters here already have their minds made up about what that should entail:

Trade Bieksa, waive Salo, keep him on IR, ask him to waive his NTC, trade Raymond, trade Ballard, trade Samuelsson, etc., etc. The list goes on.

OTOH, I have not made up my mind at all. I can see merit in a lot of different scenarios, which is why I'm content to let the guys who actually get paid to make these decisions do so.

What's your opinion of my proposal to keep Bieksa AND Salo? I've laid out the plan in my sig. Wouldn't mind getting your take on it and opinions. Might be a good discussion to have.

What's your opinion of my proposal to keep Bieksa AND Salo? I've laid out the plan in my sig. Wouldn't mind getting your take on it and opinions. Might be a good discussion to have.

Your proposal? It's a pipe dream. Besides the team would be giving up way too much depth in the way of bodies, hustle and real grit, just to keep an overpain, enigmatic Dman. Remember BXa is just a game away from playing like the small, brain fart stricken, lackadaisical, turnover machine that we have all come to know or you to love as the BXa factor . lol

Your proposal? It's a pipe dream. Besides the team would be giving up way too much depth in the way of bodies, hustle and real grit, just to keep an overpain, enigmatic Dman. Remember BXa is just a game away from playing like the small, brain fart stricken, lackadaisical, turnover machine that we have all come to know or you to love as the BXa factor . lol

He's been a "game away" from it for quite some time now. I bet you're getting pretty antsy, waiting for him to screw up and make your assessment of him look a little less ridiculous.

BTW: you shouldn't use the phrase "we all" to describe any of your opinions concerning Bieksa. They are shared only by a few brain-dead, CDC trolls.

No one else.

Stupid me for trying to engage you in any sort of discussion. That mistake won't happen again.

The alternative? Salo is just one nail clipper accident away from another long stay at LTIR. Did you read yesterday's Salo injury story? Handyman accident requiring stitches.

Despite what you claim, Bieksa is much mroe durable than Salo, his long absence from the roster is only due to 2 skate cut accidents, not some random non-hockey related injuries like Salo.

what he said.

Alberts, Ballard, and Ehrhoff are all much worse with regards to Giveaway/Takeaway Differential. Only Hamhuis and Edler are better than Bieksa so far this year. Pretty fantastic when you factor in their TOI.

Alberts, Ballard, and Ehrhoff are all much worse with regards to Giveaway/Takeaway Differential. Only Hamhuis and Edler are better than Bieksa so far this year. Pretty fantastic when you factor in their TOI.

I believe that the top four have all had their moments, both good and bad and that there has been very little to choose overall between them. (although I'd say Edler probably has been the most complete, so far)

Ballard has been good lately, and would probably be on par with the top four if not for the injury/conditioning situation.

There is a fairly steep drop-off at six through eight, but recent play suggests that Alberts is the likely number six, contingent on Salo's return.

Unlike the "Salo the savior" bandwagon corps, I don't believe that SS whill jump right in and make a huge improvement to the defense. I expect him to be eased back in, with his minutes gradually increasing as he gets back up to NHL speed. (Much like was done with Ballard)

If Bieksa is moved to make way for Salo, I expect Ballard to move into the top four, at least for the time being.

So are you saying BXa doesn't lead the team in give aways? Because somewhere back in this thread it was undisputed that BXa is the giveaway leader.

Keeping in mind that give aways and takeaways are mutually exclusive, in that a giveaway and takeaway are not awarded on the same play. It's either one or the other.

Archived