The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Hat Trick Maker

Same here actually. I get these random freeze spikes but they're not too common and don't last for very long.

Yeah I get them too, kinda annoying, and sometimes it stays frozen for so long, I don't know whether to restart my Xbox or just wait it out.

I became a werewolf right away (was like lvl 5 I think) because agreeing to it seemed like the only way to move that specific storyline along. But I ended up straying away from even that. I've spent most of the game on the other side of the country in Riften. Became a Thane of Riften before I even met the Jarl of Whiterun, lol. I love how easy it is to avoid the main story in this game.

I don't remember the last game I played where dealing with detached subplots was as unique and rewarding as it is here. It's better at it then even Bethesda's Fallout games were. So many stories within stories.

Brilliant game. Near completely lives up to the hype so far. So awesome knowing that I have barely even scratched the surface. (Especially so, knowing that I would have finished a game like Uncharted or Call of Duty twice over by now, lol.)

While there are countless hours of quests to do outside of the main storyline, it's a good idea to get partway into it. I suggest to go at least to the point where you finish the Greybeards portion of the quest. They give you the final words for the Unrelenting Force shout, so much fun using this to throw people off mountain peaks and down waterfalls.

While there are countless hours of quests to do outside of the main storyline, it's a good idea to get partway into it. I suggest to go at least to the point where you finish the Greybeards portion of the quest. They give you the final words for the Unrelenting Force shout, so much fun using this to throw people off mountain peaks and down waterfalls.

Yeah, I got it. And fun it is.

Was doing doing the "The Blessings of Nature" quest. When I got to the Eldergleam tree, that pilgrim chick gave me that warning about the tree. At that point you know something's going to go wrong. After triggering those stupid spriggans, and fighting my way down, you find her long since killed. Deciding that was retarded, I tried re-doing it and saving her. After the first couple attempts, it's pretty obvious that according to the game, she's supposed to die, and you can't stop it.

But I devised a plan where my follower to waits beside her to absorb the immediate damage, and I extract the sap with my back facing them. I turn, run and jump off the cliff, and waste a couple of potions so I can draw both spriggans away and actually take them out. And success was had. Fun beating the game at it's own, uhh... game.

I just got full Archery skill today with all the perks.....SO GOOD.

No cheating either. I've just been using basically only the bow for the whole game. :P

Yeah I'm going with a Kahjiit right now with Bow as my primary and when I get into close quarters I bust out my claws.laugh.gif

Wood Elf, Kahjiit, Argonian are all more sneak oriented. Argonians are nice because you can hide underwater it things are getting to close for comfort. I picked Kahjiit because I wanted my guy to double as a H2H guy and so far I'm enjoying it, I'm on the last main Thieves Guild mission.

Anyone not getting full points in stealth or archery because it would overpower your char? I stopped short in the Sneak tree because I don't want to crouch and turn invisible to AI that's already pretty inept at handling stealth.

Am I the only one NOT playing a stealthy archer? Seems to be sometimes. All my friends who play are archers. Only time I really use bow ever is on dragons before they land and I can smash their heads in.

On a related note has anyone ever killed a dragon while a werewolf? Im gonna try it next dragon.

Am I the only one NOT playing a stealthy archer? Seems to be sometimes. All my friends who play are archers. Only time I really use bow ever is on dragons before they land and I can smash their heads in.

On a related note has anyone ever killed a dragon while a werewolf? Im gonna try it next dragon.

I'm full magic.

I may be a werewolf, but I NEVER turn into one. I never use it to my advantage. The only thing I benefit from it is being immune to disease/poison. I would actually rather become a vampire....but I forget how to get rid of the Werewolf.

I tried to use Werewolf once, and it was crap.

I'm kinda regretting vampirism right now. I'm a stage three vampire, and I literally can't do anything during the day. When in sunlight (even when I'm under a shadow) your health, magicka, and stamina don't regenerate. I can't even travel with the risk of being attacked by animals, bounty hunters, or bandits.

But night is awesome....

Well I'm not a rogue archer, but only because the extreme lag on my computer won't allow it. Went with the sword/shield combo. Once you get your timing down with attacks/blocks, it's awesome. Though the archery skill tree looks so appealing.

My character is an Imperial. I've made a decent chunk of coin more then the average person, and it's really easy to talk your way in and out of things. Becoming the ultimate manipulative smooth talker is my goal for every game I play like this, so I'm happy with the choice.

I'm getting frustrated with some of the dengeons, and meaninglesd turning of stones.. Or coming across vampires or mages that kill you with 1 hit .

The way I see it is that when you level up everything is supposed to level with you but I think it is like you move up a level bracket so now your top end enemies are just to powerful for you but in say 3 or 4 more levels it will be fine. The leveling system is hard in this sometimes I came across a Draugr Overlord and he could 1 shot me with his bow so I'll just wait a few levels and go back and wipe the floor with his face. Additionally it is always easier I find to just be a physical character(swords, shields, etc.) because lots of stuff is resistant to magic and it is just more straight forward game play but it isn't always the most rewarding.

I'm getting frustrated with some of the dengeons, and meaninglesd turning of stones.. Or coming across vampires or mages that kill you with 1 hit .

Are you using a magey character?

Trying chucking on some heavy armor. My battlemage has never been one shot killed and hes just decked out with heavy armor enchanted with magicka buffs.

Robes are essentially pointless in this game. It makes you too squishy.

Archived