The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Battlefield 3

Moonwalker

To those of you who have never played a Battlefield game and plan on picking up BF3... here are a few aspects of the game that you will not see in any trailer:

- Maps are huuuge. Expect to do a lot of walking/running (especially when playing rush and there are no vehicles available and you have no squad mates to spawn on). It's not uncommon to have to run from your deployment all the way to where the action is.

- Choppers/jets are not easy to fly. It takes a lot of practice to be good enough to the point where you're not hurting your team's chances of winning.

- If you thought COD was brutal to play when you're not winning, you aint seen nothing yet. Running into an organized defensive team whilst attacking really tests your abilities to resist rage quitting.

- You will also not have fun if you decide to "lone wolf" it. The beauty of BF is teamwork. It gets you far. Always try to play with other people you know or make some friends online who are in the same boat as you.

Feel free to ask questions if you're not familiar with any other of the BF games.

To those of you who have never played a Battlefield game and plan on picking up BF3... here are a few aspects of the game that you will not see in any trailer:

- Maps are huuuge. Expect to do a lot of walking/running (especially when playing rush and there are no vehicles available and you have no squad mates to spawn on). It's not uncommon to have to run from your deployment all the way to where the action is.

- Choppers/jets are not easy to fly. It takes a lot of practice to be good enough to the point where you're not hurting your team's chances of winning.

- If you thought COD was brutal to play when you're not winning, you aint seen nothing yet. Running into an organized defensive team whilst attacking really tests your abilities to resist rage quitting.

- You will also not have fun if you decide to "lone wolf" it. The beauty of BF is teamwork. It gets you far. Always try to play with other people you know or make some friends online who are in the same boat as you.

Feel free to ask questions if you're not familiar with any other of the BF games.

I found in Bad Company 2, the best way to "lone wolf" it is to find a good sniping spot. I don't know how many people I've sniped off in that game just by myself on a mountain or something.

But yes, if you were to just go running in the open by yourself...you will die.

Usually I would just run around the edge of the map where nobody really is and find where the spawn is....and just stick to there. :lol:

It is way more fun to get a squad of friends to play with though.

In BF2 flying a helicopter wasn't bad, but flying a jet was excruciating for me :lol:

So many times I'd lift off and I'd end up diving into the ocean or crashing into a building...

And of course you'll get those trolls on your team that gets people to pack into a helicopter, only for them to crash it :towel:

Archived