The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

So we got Le Toux for allocation money? Looks like we ended up the winners of that spat between him and Philly.

Also, when are we going to be looking into getting another midfielder? Are we going to be shipping off one of our surplus strikers? Hoping for a DP signing.

VANCOUVER -- The Vancouver Whitecaps have hired former Toronto FC Academy director Stuart Neely.

Neely has been named head of player management and advancement for the MLS club's residency program.

Neely resigned his position in Toronto in December. The Scottish native had been with TFC's academy since its beginning in 2008.

"We're very pleased to have someone of Stuart's experience and pedigree join Whitecaps FC," Whitecaps president Bob Lenarduzzi said in a statement.

"Having managed elite player development for many years, Stuart brings an abundance of Canadian soccer knowledge -- from the community level, through the club system, and right up to the national level with the Canadian Soccer Association. He will be a key asset in strengthening our development program."

Toronto FC hired former U.S. under-20 coach Thomas Rongen in January to succeed Neely.

Wow, well the Whitecaps definitely emphasize offense. But how about a big time center mid to tie it all together.

Jarju for Le toux is fantastic.

Did the team expand the area for the supporters groups. They say sections 248-254 and 201-207 are for standing, drumming, singing etc. I seem to recall having seats in the 206 and there was no such thing last year. Also I really like the revamped webpage which is much more user friendly and interactive.

Wow, well the Whitecaps definitely emphasize offense. But how about a big time center mid to tie it all together.

Jarju for Le toux is fantastic.

Did the team expand the area for the supporters groups. They say sections 248-254 and 201-207 are for standing, drumming, singing etc. I seem to recall having seats in the 206 and there was no such thing last year. Also I really like the revamped webpage which is much more user friendly and interactive.

I know they signed Watson Who is a big body who is suppose to be a work horse in central midfield along with Davidson. By the looks of it the whitecaps might experiment with a formation similar to this one:

Camillo--hassli--le toux

Davidson-thorrington

Koffie?(or chiuemento as an attacking midfielder playing behind the forwards instead of koffie.

Rochat--demerit--bonjour--lee

Cannon

So you are referring to Neely and Robinson? Looking at interviews, Whitecaps FC coaches and personnel sound way more intelligent and you can tell they are good communicators/motivators.

I certainly am reffereing to those two. They will both do great jobs. I was sad to see both of them leave.

I wonder who will be next. Mo Johnson?

Middlesbrough's Barry Robson ready for MLS with Vancouver

As a Middlesbrough fan, if this is true I'd be absolutely gutted. He absolutely runs our midfield. He's strong on the ball, he's a workhorse he puts 110% every week, scores timely goals and has a quality free kick in his locker.

In fact

of his latest goal against "better quality" opposition. (Meaning they're from a league above us, our local rivals and it took them two legs and almost 210 minutes of football to beat us 2-3 on aggregate)

If this is true, trust me, he'll run his socks off for your team.

One criticism? He tends to yell a lot, at refs, at opposition at team mates. Doesn't really matter to Barry, he'll shout.

Middlesbrough's Barry Robson ready for MLS with Vancouver

As a Middlesbrough fan, if this is true I'd be absolutely gutted. He absolutely runs our midfield. He's strong on the ball, he's a workhorse he puts 110% every week, scores timely goals and has a quality free kick in his locker.

In fact

of his latest goal against "better quality" opposition. (Meaning they're from a league above us, our local rivals and it took them two legs and almost 210 minutes of football to beat us 2-3 on aggregate)

If this is true, trust me, he'll run his socks off for your team.

One criticism? He tends to yell a lot, at refs, at opposition at team mates. Doesn't really matter to Barry, he'll shout.

he would be great for our team maybe this is why whitecaps haven't gone after some other midfielders

Oh, also, it's not technically Whitecaps related but it is Western Conference related:

The Portland Timbers signed Kris Boyd. He's also an ex Middlesbrough player. However he was one we couldn't wait to get rid of. Giant lump he is. Was practically useless here and in Turkey.

He's got a good scoring record in the Scottish league and of course there's a chance he might light up the MLS, but I doubt it.

Lump of lard he is.

Oh, also, it's not technically Whitecaps related but it is Western Conference related:

The Portland Timbers signed Kris Boyd. He's also an ex Middlesbrough player. However he was one we couldn't wait to get rid of. Giant lump he is. Was practically useless here and in Turkey.

He's got a good scoring record in the Scottish league and of course there's a chance he might light up the MLS, but I doubt it.

Lump of lard he is.

Yeah, I hate Boyd (Hun) and never thought much of Robson and his skills for SPL level and would probably do fine at MLS level. I've seen a few games with him at Boro and he seems as though he hasn't lost any of what skill set he did have. The Whitecaps have about 10 players for the midfield guys and if they play 4-3-3 will have no problem. They need help at the back because DeMerit can't stay healthy (hope he does) and Boxall is crap. They have two good fullbacks and pretty much no cover. Bonjour and DeMerit to start with Mitchell and Boxall as cover is okay at centre half. But, with Rochat and Lee the only cover is harvey! Rochat showed that he can play a full season no problem, but Lee is certainly not young at 34 and unless they plan for some of their holding mids to slot into fullback slots...