The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The 2011-12 Chicago Wolves Thread

b3.

Connauton or Granani  

198 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

how about alex burrow raw talent never been drafted. i think the draft is overated and since we have been doing so well over the past few years its hard to pick in the top ten. IMO look at the oilers all that talent but really do you think if they all become super stars in the NHL do you honestly think they will be able to keep them since they will all demand big $. Another example is the blackhawks alot of talent but they lost alot too, and lets not forget bure drafted way late detroit has been successfull for years and they alway pick high in the draft and get alot of great talent.

My #1 pick is Dalton Thrower.

He's exactly what everyone is asking for.

#1 pairing potential right handed dman.

Plus he's a local boy who loves the Canucks.

He tweets about them all the time, and has even retweeted interenst on wanting to be drafted by them.

I still believe we can win tonight, but honestly, who else is excited about the NHL draft! Canucks should pick Dalton @thrower47 #GoCanucks

Regarding the top 20 prospects of the Canucks I have to say they dont give enough credit to guys like Bill Sweat and Alex Friesen. I dont understand how Frankie Corrado wasn't considered above guys like Anthony, Honzik and Tommernes. Goodness Honzik had a pretty shaky season and god aweful playoffs.

Alright, this is my final list of prospects I believe that we should draft if available to us (Hypothetical goalie trade scenarios included):

1a. Ryan Murray (If we get Columbus' Pick)

1b. Filip Forsberg (^)

2a. Alex Galchenyuk (^)

2b. Mikhail Grigorenko (^)

3. Morgan Rielly (If we get Tampa's Pick)

4. Griffin Reinhart (^)

5. Olli Maatta (^)

6. Ludvig Bystrom (With our own pick)

7. Dalton Thrower (^)

8a. Colton Sissons (^)

8b. Mark Jankowski (^)

9. Brady Skjei

10a. Tom Wilson

10b. Tim Bozon

10c. Scott Laughton

Edit: 1000th Post! I have no life! :frantic::frantic:B)

I think both Schroeder and Jensen will make the club next year, Schroeder is small, 5' 9" but sturdy for his 175lbs frame. He's smart, and crafty and has developed a good two-way game. I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the 3rd line next year.

Jensen and Kassian two similar sized players but different play styles, jensen more of a playmaker probably would fit better on the sedin line than Kassian, but if Kassian gets his mean game going I could see him cycling in and out of the top line.

Guest Dasein

Or trade Luongo to move up to top 10. I would give up even more to draft Ryan Murray. The Leafs are starving to make the playoffs, Burke should consider.

That was a list of who we should draft with the picks that are and may be available to us; I only listed the couple who we would realistically pick at #2 or #10. I wanted to keep it brief, I could have listed every guy predicted to go in the 1st round if I felt the need to.

Tl;dr I think Zemgus will be drafted 14-18 and that's out of our range

1st : Tomas Hertl C Praha Slavia (Czech) 6' 2" 194

I agree about the need for an elite level center prospect in the system, this guy would be great if he's still around at #26.

2nd: Jordan Schmaltz D Green Bay (USHL) 6' 2" 170

Seems like he could be a 2nd round steal for whoever gets him.

5th Thomas Spelling RW Herning (Denmark) 6' 1" 165

Yes! More Danes please...

6th: Samuel "Hunter" Fejes LW Shattuck-St. Marys School 6' 1" 179

Basically just picking this guy for his name.

7th: Jake Paterson G Saginaw (OHL) 6' 0" 173

Always draft a goalie.

This is a big draft for Gillis. Four drafts and the only sure fire NHLers he's drafted appear to be Hodgson and Jensen. Not very good, especially coming from a guy who complained that there were "no impact players" in the Canucks system when he arrived and vowed to revamp scouting and player development.

A colossal disappointment.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Schroeder-Kesler (Kesler takes faceoffs, and plays centre in the defensive zone, Schroeder plays the centre role in the offensive zone)

Higgins-Pahlsson-Hansen

Lapierre-Malhotra-Duco

Weise

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Tanev

Ballard-Salo

Gragnani, Alberts

???

Lack

1st : Tomas Hertl C Praha Slavia (Czech) 6' 2" 194

I agree about the need for an elite level center prospect in the system, this guy would be great if he's still around at #26.

2nd: Jordan Schmaltz D Green Bay (USHL) 6' 2" 170

Seems like he could be a 2nd round steal for whoever gets him.

5th Thomas Spelling RW Herning (Denmark) 6' 1" 165

Yes! More Danes please...

6th: Samuel "Hunter" Fejes LW Shattuck-St. Marys School 6' 1" 179

Basically just picking this guy for his name.

7th: Jake Paterson G Saginaw (OHL) 6' 0" 173

Always draft a goalie.

Archived