The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

Personally, I don't like that. It's dishonest in my opinion.

If a guy gets waived in the NHL every team gets notified and it is on about a million different websites. I don't think GM's should be trying to "sneak" players through waivers.

I would agree if I buried it in a block of text. But it was it's own post, and it was posted in the same fashion as all my roster moves. So I don't feel I did anything wrong.

If it was in the middle of a long paragraph where I mentioned that he was 'being sent down' and that was the extent of it, I'd agree with you. But I wouldn't have done that, because that's not cool.

I would agree if I buried it in a block of text. But it was it's own post, and it was posted in the same fashion as all my roster moves. So I don't feel I did anything wrong.

If it was in the middle of a long paragraph where I mentioned that he was 'being sent down' and that was the extent of it, I'd agree with you. But I wouldn't have done that, because that's not cool.

I wouldn't mind if they typed in in German....that's what Google Translate's for. :P

If a GM says theyput 'x' player on 'Waivers' or 'Assignment', that's sufficient for the League to move the player. If other GM's cannot do the minor task, in a 24 period, of checking to see if that player can be claimed or not, then it shouldn't be the waiving/assigning GM's responsibility to do that work for them or make it easier for them, nor should it be the League's.

The GM fulfilled the requirement of giving the League notice and the League received proper notice....all rules and obligations were met.

I agree.

And simply saying that "The Pittsburgh Penguins waives player X".....is sufficient.

It's still the responsibility of the other GM's to see if the player is able to be claimed or not, as per:

There is no mandate that the wiaving team has to stipulate whether or not the player is eligible or not eligible to be claimed from the waiver action.

Again, it's not the duty of the waiving GM to disclose the claimability of their players.

REPORT: The Pittsburgh Penguins would like to activate David Perron off of LTIR.

Updated Lineup:

Hall - Stamkos - Malkin

Purcell - RNH - Jagr

MacArthur - Mitchell - Perron

Pouliot - Couturier - Read

Konopka - Hordichuk

Timonen - Souray

Sbisa - Colaiacovo

Niskanen - Brennan

Varlamov

Greiss

Archived