The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

To be successful, Raymond does need to play top six, however he won't hurt your team on the 3rd line but you won't maximize his potential nor produce nearly enough for whats expected of him. That said, coming off of such a major injury I am happy to see him back first and foremost.

Normally I would agree with this.

But with Hodgson as the 3rd line anchor, he could give the Canucks a 3rd line that can score on a consistent basis.

I wouldn't mind seeing Raymond on the third line with Hansen and Hodgson, giving the Canucks a speedy line that can backcheck like crazy (Hansen and Raymond are both excellent defensive players) and are a threat to score. I do believe to get the maximum potential out of Raymond, he needs to be on the 2nd line. But he and Higgins can always alternate depending on who the hot hand is.

Why don't we give the kid a chance to play a game for the first time in 6 months before we start throwing him in trades. Give him a chance to show that he is healthy and can develop into the player we all thought he would after a 25 goal season.

Just sayin'.

Archived