canuck2xtreme

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - 1PPA = 4pts

Darcy Hordichuk - 7PIM = 7pts

Luca Sbisa - +2 = 4pts

Semyon Varlamov - Win = 10pts

Jaromir Jagr - 2PPG, 1 A, 2PIM = 13pts

Kimmo Timonen - 2PPA, 1A, +1, 2PIM = 21pts

Total = 59 points.

Huge night by Timonen and Jagr....and big ups to Varlamov for his 2nd straight win.....and our recent waiver acquisition Hordichuk for his solid contributions tonight, to regaining the SouthEast Division lead.

Players who are 24 years of age or younger and have played in fewer than 100 NHL games can be sent to your minor league system without being subjected to waivers.

That's the last thing I'mma say about that.

Anaheim really shot themselves in the foot tonight, and no it wasn't a Plaxico Burress reference.

Big night for the Habs this evening...

Niklas Backstrom - 1 W, 1 A = 20 points

Pavel Datsyuk - 1 G, 1 PPA, +1 = 9 points

Jakub Kindl - 1 A, +1, 2 PIM = 9 points

Chris Stewart - 1 A = 3 points

Milan Hejduk - 1 G, +2, 2 PIM = 9 points

Matt Cullen - 1 A, +1 = 5 points

Ben Maxwell - 1 A, +1 = 5 points

Al Montoya - SOL = 5 points

8 of the 11 players going tonight get on the board for a total of 65 points. It seems like we are starting to pick up some steam...

Players who are 24 years of age or younger and have played in fewer than 100 NHL games can be sent to your minor league system without being subjected to waivers.

That's the last thing I'mma say about that.

Anaheim really shot themselves in the foot tonight, and no it wasn't a Plaxico Burress reference.

The onus is on both teams.

The team that owns the player should check to ensure that the player is still not waiver eligible. Teams that fail to do so may not know the player is waiver eligible. A deft GM could then snatch him up on waivers.

Do your due diligence on roster moves and you won't be caught off guard.

And teams do try to sneak players down through waivers all the time. Last season I tried to sneak Ryan Shannon thru waivers, as I didn't want to lose him but needed room on my roster, and I wasn't about to risk losing Aaron Volpatti. I still posted that he was being placed on waivers, but I did so in the middle of a string of trades that were posted, and immediately between two blockbuster deals, hoping for a distraction. Didn't work, and I lost him anyways. But I tried. :P

This Just In: Kyle Brodziak is a work horse!!!.....dam you family gathering full of babies and cranium and chile with shredded cheese and sour cream! dam yousssss...I knew I should have stayed home for hockey...

only really cool thing is I found out my nephew had a semi-successful trip to San Jose last saturday..only they confiscated the salmon at the gate...all well, he enjoyed the game none the less.

From the Shark Tank

Kyle Brodziak oozes the right stuff with a 12 point night!!!

Tallinder and Lundin combine for 40m 34 seconds of Defensive ice time in the same game with zero fantasy points, while Falk missed his second game with back spasms.

Boll with 7 points!!! while Bass and Teubert sat out the game...

Captain Danny Briere with 8 points, Nik Hagman held off the scorecard, while Bobrovsky gets a night off.

3 dudes hustling 27 points sounds awesome. The guys we counted on tonight really showed up. :towel:

Nope.....you can still be subject to waivers.....but not be subject to claim from waivers.

An important and material distinction......waivers is still the process by which a player is officially moved, definitionally by the CDCGML CBA.

If they are 24 years or younger or have played less than 100 games, they are not subject to being claimed by another team at any point of the waiver process. The claiming =/= the waiving. The player is still being 'waived', regardless if they are eligible or not eligible to be 'claimed'.

And don't you don't have to yell. I can see just fine.

Hey guys can someone answer a question about waivers for me? :D

Any player CAN be placed on waivers, this is at the discretion of the team.

Players who are 25 years old or have played in at least 100 NHL games MUST be placed on waivers to be sent to minors.

Players who are 24 years old or younger and have played in fewer than 100 NHL games are NOT subject to waivers.

Simple. And NOT up for discussion.

Archived