The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

I agree.

And simply saying that "The Pittsburgh Penguins waives player X".....is sufficient.

It's still the responsibility of the other GM's to see if the player is able to be claimed or not, as per:

There is no mandate that the wiaving team has to stipulate whether or not the player is eligible or not eligible to be claimed from the waiver action.

Again, it's not the duty of the waiving GM to disclose the claimability of their players.

Not sure what all the disussion is about...

Obviously a gm does not need to advertise a player is available. He just processes movements.

Obviously a gm must make clear posts about such moves.

We don't really need pages of discussion on this one, do we?

Check a players age and games played on every move... Then you won't make mistakes.

You seem to be contradicting yourself.

You say they should use the format "Player is being waived" but also saying that the GM does not have to state if the player is waiver eligible? By saying that player is on waivers, that's exactly what your doing, stating that he is waiver eligible.

14 points so far with 4( well 3 cuz prosser is not longer on the minny roster) players but they are still in action

nice to see ben smith scoring his 1st goal this season...can´t wait to see him on the blues roster....

Wellman 1 G +1 GWG? 5 or 7 Points

Greene 1 A 5 PTS

Staios 4 PIM so far

so may 16 points

5 points average per player...damn i´d like to have this on a full roster night :D

Nope.

Simply reporting that you're waiving a player has no bearing on whether or not a player can be claimed.

Nor is there any mandated onus on the waiving GM to make an explanatory distinction for other GM's. The report of waiving a player is to give the League sufficient and mandatory notice when a GM moves the player off the active roster, in order for the League to act on the report.

Every player is waiver eligble, by the way....there is no distinction by those who are eligble to be waived and those who aren't.

The difference lies in who can be claimed after being waived.....which why made the clear distinction....and which is why I stated, correctly, that the onus is not on the waiving GM to provide details about the player's eligibility to be claimed or not....it lies squarely on the shoulders of the other GM's who are looking to possibly claim the player.

Edit - my sole caveat for all players are eligiblle for waivers....are the players with a NMC.

Nope.

Simply reporting that you're waiving a player has no bearing on whether or not a player can be claimed.

Nor is there any mandated onus on the waiving GM to make an explanatory distinction for other GM's. The report of waiving a player is to give the League sufficient and mandatory notice when a GM moves the player off the active roster, in order for the League to act on the report.

Every player is waiver eligble, by the way....there is no distinction by those who are eligble to be waived and those who aren't.

The difference lies in who can be claimed after being waived.....which why made the clear distinction....and which is why I stated, correctly, that the onus is not on the waiving GM to provide details about the player's eligibility to be claimed or not....it lies squarely on the shoulders of the other GM's who are looking to possibly claim the player.

Anyways, good day for Avery, Park, and Fisher last night

Edit - my sole caveat for all players are eligiblle for waivers....are the players with a NMC.

Anyone on waivers can be claimed, even if they don't have to go through waivers to be sent down (like my examples of Stoa and Seabrook). Basically you don't have to waive a player before you send down anyone that is under 25 and played fewer than 100 games. Anyone over those thresholds HAVE to go on waivers before you send them down. So let's say Sharpie decided to send RNH down to the minors, he DOESN'T have to put him through waivers. HOWEVER, if he decided to send Nicklas Backstrom down, he HAS to go on waivers. That's how the rules have been set up for this game. However, let's say you had a little too much scotch and decided to put RNH on waiver. If that's the case, then he IS claimable.

I move we change the word "waivers" in our CBA to poopykaka towel.gif

5.3 – Waivers

To place a player on waivers, you simply post in the thread that you are placing that player on waivers. Players will remain on waivers for 24 hours. Players that are claimed by more than one team will be awarded to the team that is ranked lowest in the overall league standings at that time. Unclaimed players can either be placed into your clubs minor league system or back onto the active roster. Your team must designate where your player is to go either at the time of being placed on waivers, or shortly after the 24 hourwaiver period has expired. Players who are 24 years of age or younger and have played in fewer than 100 NHL games can be sent to your minor league system without being subjected to waivers.

You should've highlighted the most important part:

Players who are 24 years of age or younger and have played in fewer than 100 NHL games can be sent to your minor league system without being subjected to waivers.

So to answer the poopykaka claims issue once and for all, since nobody seem's to be reading what I'm saying.

PLAYERS CAN BE ASSIGNED TO THE MINORS WITHOUT WAIVERS BEFORE THE SEASON STARTS.

DURING THE SEASON, ALL PLAYERS ARE SUBJECT TO WAIVERS IF THEY ARE TO BE SENT DOWN EXCEPT FOR PLAYERS THAT ARE UNDER 25 AND PLAYED FEWER THAN 100 GAMES.

THUS EVERY SINGLE MINOR LEAGUE ASSIGNMENT EXCEPT FOR THOSE 25 AND UNDER AND PLAYED FEWER THAN 100 GAMES SHOULD HAVE THE FOLLOWING DESIGNATION: "TEAM A WOULD LIKE TO PLACE PLAYER X ON WAIVERS" - AND YOU CAN PUT THE DESIGNATION - WITH THE INTENTION ON SENDING HIM TO THE MINORS.

Negative IceMan....that's a 10-9 negatorino.

The only way, according to the Player Movement section of CDCGML Collective Bargaining Agreement, a GM can move a player to the minors, whether to assign them to the minor's roster or in hope of having said player claimed and off their their 'books', aside from trading them, is to 'waive' them.....by reporting them as 'waived'.....as stipulated by Article 5, sub-section 5.3,

A player can only be sent down by way of waivers, or stating that the player is being placed on waivers.....even if it's to put them on your minor's roster.

The player must, according to CDCGML legislation, pass through a 24 hour 'waiver' process, whether or not they are eligible to be claimed.

The confusion, comrade and my very dear friend, is yours.

But I forgive you because I love you.

Basically the wording of the CBA says "waiver".....so it's a waiver according to the definition of CDCGML....even if it means something else, somewhere else. If CDCGML CBA, called the process of moving a player to the minors without being eligible to be claimed by another team, "poopykaka".....that's what you'd have to do, and call it, definitionally speaking.....you'd have to place the player on poopykaka......and then the player would either be subject to being allowed to be claimed by others or not....therefore not being eligible to poopykaka claims.

I move we change the word "waivers" in our CBA to poopykaka towel.gif

5.3 – Waivers

To place a player on waivers, you simply post in the thread that you are placing that player on waivers. Players will remain on waivers for 24 hours. Players that are claimed by more than one team will be awarded to the team that is ranked lowest in the overall league standings at that time. Unclaimed players can either be placed into your clubs minor league system or back onto the active roster. Your team must designate where your player is to go either at the time of being placed on waivers, or shortly after the 24 hourwaiver period has expired. Players who are 24 years of age or younger and have played in fewer than 100 NHL games can be sent to your minor league system without being subjected to waivers.

You should've highlighted the most important part:

Players who are 24 years of age or younger and have played in fewer than 100 NHL games can be sent to your minor league system without being subjected to waivers.

So to answer the poopykaka claims issue once and for all, since nobody seem's to be reading what I'm saying.

PLAYERS CAN BE ASSIGNED TO THE MINORS WITHOUT WAIVERS BEFORE THE SEASON STARTS.

DURING THE SEASON, ALL PLAYERS ARE SUBJECT TO WAIVERS IF THEY ARE TO BE SENT DOWN EXCEPT FOR PLAYERS THAT ARE UNDER 25 AND PLAYED FEWER THAN 100 GAMES.

THUS EVERY SINGLE MINOR LEAGUE ASSIGNMENT EXCEPT FOR THOSE 25 AND UNDER AND PLAYED FEWER THAN 100 GAMES SHOULD HAVE THE FOLLOWING DESIGNATION: "TEAM A WOULD LIKE TO PLACE PLAYER X ON WAIVERS" - AND YOU CAN PUT THE DESIGNATION - WITH THE INTENTION ON SENDING HIM TO THE MINORS.

Archived