The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

Is there an easier way to search for a player than looking through each team's page?

Yes there is.

Unfortunately Squeak, I don't have a list of players that are available either. But I can offer you and every other GM a very fast and effective way of searching a certain player to see if he's taken.

The team charts that I maintain have EVERY player taken included on them in some way shape or form, be they active players, IR players, minor league guys or drafted players. So, when a team makes an offer for a player and I'm not sure if he's taken or not (there's like, 800+ players taken in the game, so I'm not going to remember where every last one is), I go to my Google docs main page and click on All Items. This lists every document that I own, and those that I've viewed. On the upper left side, right beside the Google docs logo, there is a search bar. I type in the name of the player I want, click Search Docs, and voila! If that name is on any document, it will tell me which one. For example, I can search 'Volpatti' and the Jets document pops up.

So, if you have a Google account, just view each teams page. Then all 30 team charts should appear in your list if you click on All Items. You should be able to quickly search players this way.

Current Detroit Red Wings Roster:

Zach Parise - Matt Duchene - Jamie Benn

Alex Steen - Dave Bolland - ??????????

Bryan Bickell - Tyler Seguin - Tomas Holmstrom

Cody McCormick - Mark Letestu - Kris Barch

Oliver Ekman-Larsson - Dustin Byfuglien

Kyle Cumiskey - James Wisniewski

John Moore - Rusty Klesla

Jonathan Quick

Tuukka Rask

Captain: Zach Parise

Alternate (home): Dave Bolland

Alternate (home): Dustin Byfuglien

Alternate (away): Alex Steen

Alternate (away): James Wisniewski

Zach Parise has announced he is going to wear #11 this season for the Red Wings. Since his usual #9 has been retired for the great Gordie Howe, Zach has decided to wear the number his father wore for the majority of his NHL career with Minnesota in the 70's.

Matt Duchene has announced he is going to wear #21 this season for the Red Wings. Since his usual number is also #9, he has decided to wear the number of his childhood hero, Peter Forsberg.

Parise11.pngDuchene21.png

Wild News

The Minnesota Wild are still searching for a second line center after their offer sheet to RFA TJ Oshie was matched by the L.A. Kings. Rumor has it that they may be willing to part with a certain offensive defenceman if the right player and picks come their way, as the available free agent centers do not seem to be what they are looking for. The Postman was overheard saying that "(he) fully expects one, or more, of his gifted young offensive d-men to step up into a greater role this season," which would make the veteran commodity available.

Zach Parise has announced he is going to wear #11 this season for the Red Wings. Since his usual #9 has been retired for the great Gordie Howe, Zach has decided to wear the number his father wore for the majority of his NHL career with Minnesota in the 70's.

Matt Duchene has announced he is going to wear #21 this season for the Red Wings. Since his usual number is also #9, he has decided to wear the number of his childhood hero, Peter Forsberg.

Parise11.pngDuchene21.png

Archived