The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Hansen signs 3-year deal

Actually most forwards hit their career potential at age 25. I think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying. I am not saying that most forwards have their career years when they turn 25; I am saying that most forwards have their careers defined by age 25, which also means they've reached their potential in what kind of player they can be. Next time read and think a little more, because I said nothing about players having "their best year" at age 25

You left me out of the "BS" group. :P

Anyway, all that's actually confirmed right now (Canucks have issued a confirmation press release via Twitter) is that Hansen has been re-signed to a 3 year deal. There was a rumour out of Team 1040 that it's $5 million over 3 years ($1.67 million cap hit), which has been bouncing around the net quite a bit. Jason Botchford has tweeted that Hansen took "less" than he could have gotten and that "fans will be happy" about the details. I've also seen something about it being in the $1.5-1.8 million/season range.

Team 1040 just speculated (over the radio) that it's in the $4.8-5.1 million range (over the three years).

EDIT: AGM Gilman will be coming on Team 1040 at about 3:30. Hopefully, he'll give them a little bit of the details (although he can be pretty tight-lipped).

I don't care what some other people say i think, if it is 3 years 5 mil, its a great signing. People just look at stats and see how much they deserve but if you look at the whole picture with hansen he is definitely worth the money. He' sour best forechecker, he hits, he is a great penalty killer, he is decent offensively with room for improvement, and he was one of our good fowards in the finals. is 1.65 really an overpayment if you compare to other contracts in the league its definitely not imo.

Oh, I see. There are some people that are mad about this signing because for whatever reason, they thought the Canuck's could get Zack Parise.

Jannik Hanson isn't overpaid. A third liner, making 1.6 Million. How is that overpaid? How can anyone even complain about it? Especially, since if it's true, it'd be a 3 year contract. That will, take him into his prime.

A 25 year old, workhorse that can create scoring opportunities on the 3rd line. Nobody is asking him to be a top six foward. If, he turns out to be a top six forward in the future, than good for him but realistically, he isn't being paid as a top six forward. So, why is that even an argument? People complaining about him, not being able to finish? If he could finish, than he would be a top six forward, and would be making Raymond money. Now, instead he's locked up for 3 years and a cheap price.

People happy? What do you expect? It's the biggest news for the Canucks in a while.

Archived