The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Hansen signs 3-year deal

Incidentally, $1.35m is pretty much the midway point between Helm ($912,500) and Korpikoski ($1.8m) and considering the arbitrator can award any figure in between each others' position this deal makes total sense for all parties involved.

Que all the goofs coming in and saying "1.6 is overpayment, I would have given him 1.5...." :rolleyes:

1.6 is an overpayment for what he did last season, but he's not getting paid for last season, he's getting paid for this season. He'll score 15 goals this season, and everyone will be saying what a great deal his contract is.

EDIT: Just saw the update. :D I don't think anyone can complain about a 1.3 million dollar cap hit. If you do, then you were gonna complain no matter what it was.

Holy crap.. I was thinking that Hansen was going to get somewhere around 1.8-1.9 million and he would've fully deserved it either way..

But 1.35 cap hit? Wow.. he took a big discount! I have grown fonder of him now. He could've went elsewhere and gotten 2 mil. Great signing for the Canucks.

I was beginning to worry that things weren't going to settle as I thought Hansen wanted something more, but wow I'm glad he settled to stay in Vancouver in our cup-contending team, wooooo.

Archived