The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

RVP - Falcao

Rooney

Di Maria - Blind - Mata

Shaw - Rojo - Jones - Valencia

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only conceivable formation style I can think of where no "big" player is on the bench. Swap in Herrera for one of Mata or Di Maria every once in a while. Maybe toss Fellaini in there every now and then.

I think Mata is too weak in midfield.

I really trust Jose's opinion on players and when he put him up for sale I thought Man U made a mistake buying him.

An on form Fletcher is what Man Utd need but he is not there yet. (no surprise after the length of layoff and then coming back to play with different personal each week.)

I don't like Van G's system, it doesn't work in the EPL and in fact it puts too much pressure on the defence leading to too many speculative 50/50 passes.

Teams are a lot fitter in the EPL and the lower teams press much harder than in any other league.

I envy you. The crowd must have especially been fired up since it was in Dortmund.

Not the result I wanted though. :lol:

It was great and the atmosphere was good, but Bayern were so incredibly lacklustre (and I know they had key players missing, but so did Dortmund).

Really good day out though. The whole game day experience in Germany is so much better. Stayed in Dusseldorf for 4 nights and went to Köln for the day etc. Then I found a flight to Rome for the equivalent of about $20, so I figured what the hell and just went.

It was great and the atmosphere was good, but Bayern were so incredibly lacklustre (and I know they had key players missing, but so did Dortmund).

Really good day out though. The whole game day experience in Germany is so much better. Stayed in Dusseldorf for 4 nights and went to Köln for the day etc. Then I found a flight to Rome for the equivalent of about $20, so I figured what the hell and just went.

I'm told the same thing about the summer festivals (in bold).

Sounds like you had a great time. I'm envious. :)

Scotland... why do you do this to me?

Cryinggifs_01_1.gif

The referee was shocking. Bottled the big decisions. Too scared to give a red to the Germans when he should have but no hesitation with us.

And Reus :sadno: I feel like I'm fighting with myself.

Deserved better... Didn't have the balls to send off the German C/B. Quite clearly bottled it...

Edited by spook007