The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

Round up of what happened today.

Ancelloti sacked, Rafa in at Real Madrid.

Ancelotti will take a years sabbatical and then manage Bayern Munich when Pep leaves for City.

Mourinho vs. Pep round 2.

Bartra has had his release clause brought down from 50 million euros to 10 million euros because he did not play a minimum 60% of the games.

Every team in Europe is interested ATM.

Mundo saying it is actually 25 million euro because he played over 50 games over 2 years.

IMHO, Marquinhos is the best young defender in the game right now. Varane is second imo.

I'm still dreaming about Bale so my dreams will be shattered anyways.

The Dream

De Gea

Shaw-Hummels Marquinhos-Smalling-Clyne

Herrera-Gundogan

Di Maria

Depay-Rooney-Bale

I'm still dreaming about Bale so my dreams will be shattered anyways.

The Dream

De Gea

Shaw-Hummels Marquinhos-Smalling-Clyne

Herrera-Gundogan

Di Maria

Depay-Rooney-Bale

No Carrick means no title challenge.

I'm so eager to see what splash Utd make in the transfer window. Just so much hype for things to happen/not happen. They can approximately spend as much as $150 mill and save/let go as much as $60 mill. Just thinking about the lineup and there's a ton of realistic possibilities. Hope to post a logical expected roster sometime tomorrow.

I'm so eager to see what splash Utd make in the transfer window. Just so much hype for things to happen/not happen. They can approximately spend as much as $150 mill and save/let go as much as $60 mill. Just thinking about the lineup and there's a ton of realistic possibilities. Hope to post a logical expected roster sometime tomorrow.

Apparently Ottamendi has already signed. If so that will help our back 4 tremendously.

Apparently Ottamendi has already signed. If so that will help our back 4 tremendously.

Supposedly. I was hearing rumblings early morning as well. In his prime (27) whereas Hummels is younger (22). Still 5-6 years of top production to be had with Otamendi. He's far less injury prone than Hummels. Only thing that sucks is Hummels has that passing element to his game where he can control the flow of the back. Otamendi doesn't really possess that skill but he's a real good tackler and see's straight lines. Think Vidic type.

A lot of papers in England are linking United with a summer move for Schweinstager. I personally would love for this to happen. Hes a bit older but man hes good on the ball and a leader. He would be such a calming inflience in midfield.

Edited by I R Baboon

A lot of papers in England are linking United with a summer move for Schweinstager. I personally would love for this to happen. Hes a bit older but man hes good on the ball and a leader. He would be such a calming inflience in midfield.

That would really help the back four, whoever they are. Dare I say even better than what Roy Keane did?

I don't want Schweinsteiger if it'll cost more than 10 mill. He only has 2 more years of solid production left before his game takes a big dip. Kind of like Alonso situation the past couple of years.

Edit: he can't even play box to box anymore. Just look at Bayerns problems this year when they played Alonso and Schweinsteiger together, caused too many problems. Only way I see him fitting in is in Carrick's role. Wouldn't dare to play both together for the same reason mentioned before. Alternate/sub the two over CDM until one inevitably gets injured.

Edited by TheRussianRocket™
  • Upvote 1

I don't want Schweinsteiger if it'll cost more than 10 mill. He only has 2 more years of solid production left before his game takes a big dip. Kind of like Alonso situation the past couple of years.

Edit: he can't even play box to box anymore. Just look at Bayerns problems this year when they played Alonso and Schweinsteiger together, caused too many problems. Only way I see him fitting in is in Carrick's role. Wouldn't dare to play both together for the same reason mentioned before. Alternate/sub the two over CDM until one inevitably gets injured.

He wouldnt play b2b he would play Carricks role like you said. But the only hesitation I have is his age, we would need to find a replacement within about 3-4 years.

• Upvote 1