The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

If the deal is true we finally got a really good holding midfielder. My only worry is that he gets injured a lot.

I dont think he gets injured a lot, since 2005/06 season, hes played less than 40 games only 3 times with last year being his lowest total since joining Bayerns first team.

Edited by I R Baboon

Schweinsteiger to Manchester United for about £12M according to Bild and Sky sports.

Just hope we go for Schneiderlin as well.

Got him a bit late in his career but man is he still talented. Will be in and out of the lineup and praying he stays relatively healthy. And yep, definitely hope Schneiderlin is bought in as well as a safety cushion.

I don't want Schweinsteiger if it'll cost more than 10 mill. He only has 2 more years of solid production left before his game takes a big dip. Kind of like Alonso situation the past couple of years.

Edit: he can't even play box to box anymore. Just look at Bayerns problems this year when they played Alonso and Schweinsteiger together, caused too many problems. Only way I see him fitting in is in Carrick's role. Wouldn't dare to play both together for the same reason mentioned before. Alternate/sub the two over CDM until one inevitably gets injured.

Take on getting Schweinsteiger a month or so ago. 12m isn't too bad from the 10m I had. Not a complete overpayment. Still have the same take on him. For the money though, a good buy.

I wasn't around for the Beckham and Giggs and their rise from the academy but I always wanted to see it happen again. Some British kids making their way up the youth system and just taking the football world by storm. The way the English youth system is going, I don't see many young stars in the future.

• Upvote 1

I wasn't around for the Beckham and Giggs and their rise from the academy but I always wanted to see it happen again. Some British kids making their way up the youth system and just taking the football world by storm. The way the English youth system is going, I don't see many young stars in the future.

I was, and long before that as well. Times have changed and its hard to find managers, who'll give youth a change at the top clubs, except for a few super talents. Hope to see LVG introduce youngsters at utd, be it british or overseas... Keep playing the same old broken tune is useless...a bit like Canucks :)

Happy to see us buy Bastian, just hope he is not coming to fill his bank account before hanging up his boots (like Podolski did at Arsenal). He has the potential to make us competitive again... Still wish we would sign schneiderlin as well

Now go get a star C/B as well...

Edited by spook007

With Schweinsteiger and Darmian announced today the summer is looking better already for United. It could get even better tomorrow since the media is reporting that LVG still wants Schneiderlin and he wants the transfer completed by Monday so he can come on tour.

Are united not going to buy a striker or a cb?..

CB for sure probably Otamendi, striker not sure since when Memphis and LvG had their press conference LvG said that Memphis can play as a striker as well as on the wing. So who knows but I expect United to get 2 more signings done by the end of the window.

Anyways 4 weeks from today that the season kicks-off should be a good one.

• Upvote 1

Casillas to Porto is now official, I think he will do very well in that league, but definitely will be odd to see him on a different team than Real absolute class keeper, and legend, one of the all time greats.

Casillas to Porto is now official, I think he will do very well in that league, but definitely will be odd to see him on a different team than Real absolute class keeper, and legend, one of the all time greats.

Casillas and Schweinsteiger gone just doesn't seem right. Fun fact: IK has been with RM for 25 years. Madrid has been around for 113 years now I think. That's nearly 1/4 of the time since the club began!

It looks like Sterling is going to City for £45M transfer and £200K in wages. Laughable.

Ridiculous amount but remember he is just 20. Not many players his age that can be starters for their national club. Has the talent, just a question of his mindset and health moving forward now. Will determine what he becomes.

Ridiculous amount but remember he is just 20. Not many players his age that can be starters for their national club. Has the talent, just a question of his mindset and health moving forward now. Will determine what he becomes.

He was very good 2 seasons ago when Pool finished 2nd, but since he has sucked hard. Plusr his national team is England which is in shambles.