The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

NOTHING IS WORSE THAN SIGNING JUST FALCAO

lol though if united doesn't add a big DM, and a big time defender.

Chelsea ran away with the league, we're not Arsenal or United.

United's summer has been one big LOL.

Only teams doing anything are Spurs and Liverpool.

cech and that's it

champions can't sit still

mourinho said one midfielder, one defender, one striker

where's the defender and midfielder?

Still a lot of time. Not the greatest feeling going up against time but most the top teams in the league haven't done nearly as much as expected yet. I'm sure it'll give way soon and teams will get their targeted players.

Not yet, Sky in England missed translated Sky Italia but most likely today. Im so happy he was my RB choice since the beginning, personally think hes better than Coleman or Clyne.

Agreed. Very good choice for United. Attacks well but plays a very good, sound defensive game. Really hope that (potentially) playing with United can help him grow and become a force for the national team.

Sounds like this one might actually go through.

Versatile RB with a great touch and awareness on the offensive. Think his style of plays fits LVG's nicely and he may become a world beater if transitioned properly. Has good attacking options and why LVG will love him. And for half the price of Clyne, why not.

Not going to pretend I know a whole lot about him but what I do know is he's a defender and he's Italian, that alone is of approval :P and if I remember correctly, he was playing RWB in the World Cup and did a pretty good job of it. Versatility and he can essentially play anywhere on the back line plus he's tall at 6'. Can't wait to see him suit up. Hope he doesn't feel too many growing pains coming to the EPL.

Suprised no one mentioned Turan moving to Barca, who then will loan him to Galatasary until January. Also they can still sell him back to Atletico until July 20th, after their presidential elections.

this makes me so angry, Barca are supposed to have a transfer ban until jan 2016 how can they do this? I know that they aren't supposed to be able to register players until then, but they should not be able to sign players and send them out on loan either. Also I heard that the reason of this until the 20th clause is because some people at the club think that they can get Pogba.

this makes me so angry, Barca are supposed to have a transfer ban until jan 2016 how can they do this? I know that they aren't supposed to be able to register players until then, but they should not be able to sign players and send them out on loan either. Also I heard that the reason of this until the 20th clause is because some people at the club think that they can get Pogba.

It pisses me of too. But my understanding is that its just a registartion ban not a transfer ban.

Barcelona was never banned from transferring players.

It is the media who has made it seem this way.

What they are doing is well within the laws.

The sellback clause on Arda is because the new board may not want him.

via Sportsnet

"Pep said he wanted to make Brazil a World Cup champion and had an entire strategy to make us a world champion," Alves said in an interview with ESPN Brasil. "But they didn't want it, because they said that they didn't know if Brazil would accept a foreign coach."

Alves did not specifically say who refused to hire Guardiola, but criticized the decision.

"Pep is the best coach in the world, the greatest sports manager I've ever seen. He revolutionized football, revolutionized a team, and we had the chance to have him with us," Alves said. "If you let an opportunity like this go by, then you are not really thinking about the national team."

..."Ever since I've been working with Pep, he has on his mind the Brazilian team that he would like to be coaching," the 32-year-old right back said.

Brazil you dun goofed. Holy frack. Only a complete retard would say no to Pep. Are you sheitting me? Holy crap!

....... :picard: :picard:

Suprised no one mentioned Turan moving to Barca, who then will loan him to Galatasary until January. Also they can still sell him back to Atletico until July 20th, after their presidential elections.

Does anyone know the reason they are loaning him out to Galatasaray? Turan is good enough to play in the majority of Barça's games.

Darmian to United

Damn, he is one hell of an offensive full back. He has also this season spent more time working on the defensive side of the game, and was pretty evident when watching him this year.

Great signing, but wish he either stayed in Italy or went to the gunners

Edited by MaxieMan98

Does anyone know the reason they are loaning him out to Galatasaray? Turan is good enough to play in the majority of Barça's games.

Because Barca is banned from registering new players until January for bringing youth players from out of Spain into La Masia.

The laws state that a youth player's family must move to the country for work, so most clubs create fake jobs and pay the parents a salary in order to sign players to La Masia.