The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

The Old Firm isn't far behind. It's not quite at that level but you wouldn't believe the hate and tension in the air during derby day here. Plus there's the religious and cultural background to it.

But yeah. I was in Buenos Aires for a Superclasico. Found that the Boca fans were a lot more visible in the city at the time.

teams from the Primera won both major European competitions.

How is this the 3rd best league in Europe?

I think Bundesliga and PL are way more competetive than La Liga. La Liga is a wonderful league with the best team on the planet and some of the best players in the world. But in terms of the league as a whole it just isnt quite as good as the PL or Bundesliga.

The Premier League is overrated beyond belief.

100%

The quality of play in La Primera dominates that of the play in England, IMO.

Ebglish teams have had little European success in the past several seasons, which is a clear indication of league quality.

I wager the Bundesliga is not far off of taking that 4th Champions League spot, which means United will be a Europa League club :lol:

Thanks to one of the links provided, I think by, uhm, TS (sorry if it's the wrong person, too lazy to check), was able to really check what matches are available in Canada, and SN World NOW really seems worth it with them taking coverage of Bundesliga until the end of the decade.

So their $23/mo all football package includes EPL (from what it looks like, all the popular matches and 50% overall -- not sure if those include TSN matches), all CL and Europa League matches, all Bundesliga matches, and some other stuff I don't care for (FA Cup, Scottish Premier League, etc.) -- including instant on-demand. Would get their other package if I felt the SN World general non-match programming was worth it.

Edited by Mr. Ambien

Nike-Manchester-City-15-16-Away-Kit%2B%2Nike-Manchester-City-15-16-Away-Kit%2B%2

Nike-Manchester-City-15-16-Away-Kit%2B%2Nike-Manchester-City-15-16-Away-Kit%2B%2

absolutely stunning, was considering getting an Aguero shirt and this definitely confirms it

i don't like it at all, personally. especially those sleeves

not big on a whole bunch of the new shirts, tbh. newcastle's looks silly, Spurs away is worse.

but i guess they're all better than having Chevrolet across your chest

i don't like it at all, personally. especially those sleeves

not big on a whole bunch of the new shirts, tbh. newcastle's looks silly, Spurs away is worse.

but i guess they're all better than having Chevrolet across your chest

Leicester's home kit looks pretty damn clean. Might actually get an Okazaki kit.