The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

English press is very... how shall I put it... creative when it comes to transfer rumours anyway.

Oh. Btw. Several German media outlets are reporting now Gündogan to Man City is all but official. 25m € + some bonus payments. Glad this is finally over.

Edited by Lateralus91

Ibra will be a good for business. Should sell a ton of shirts. 

As for effectiveness on the pitch, I think he'll have one stellar season to begin with and then kind of fade away as he ages and naturally slows down. I think he'll be able to hit the 20 goal mark his first season. 

...and England...Vardy and Kane is lit!

14 hours ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Ibra will be a good for business. Should sell a ton of shirts. 

It'll cost as much to get his name on the back as it will to buy the shirt in the first place.

On May 22, 2016 at 10:26 PM, Alain Vigneault said:

I've seen that talk too.  Everything about him says he has the leadership qualities (considering he captained Gladbach and I think Switzerland in some capacity) but it looks like its 95% Cech, 4% Mertesacker, 1% Wilshere for captaincy. 

And back to Morata.  Haven't read or heard anything about him being the Welbeck in Italy.  But fitting if we signed him as the replacement for Welbeck next year.

So apparently, it will be neither of those 3.

Rumours say Koscielny.  Not a bad choice at all.

So, reportedly Liverpool expected to sign Götze this summer for 25 m €. But a couple of days ago he told German media he will stay at Bayern and look for his chance under Ancelotti. However, Bayern's president Rummenigge suggested that Götze was told he was not in their plans for next season by both club and new coach. But well, he earns about 12 m € per year. Quite a fun story as a Dortmund fan, to be honest.

:bigblush: