The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

1 hour ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Mfw Kaz takes what I said about Spurs seriously :/

Btw love how all the Ronaldo haters are going off at him for "stealing the headlines" by scoring the penalty. What else should he have done? Missed, like Griezmann/Juanfran? 

...CR7 bae the one and only. Greatness

Edited by CaptainCanuck001
This board is pissing me off

Final Euro roster Germany:

GK: Manuel Neuer, Bernd Leno, Marc-Andre ter Stegen

Defense: Jerome Boateng, Emre Can, Jonas Hector, Benedikt Höwedes, Mats Hummels, Shkodran Mustafi, Antonio Rüdiger

Midfield/Striker: Julian Draxler, Mario Götze, Sami Khedira, Joshua Kimmich, Toni Kroos, Thomas Müller, Mesut Özil, Lukas Podolski, Leroy Sane, Andre Schürrle, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Julian Weigl, Mario Gomez

No Rudy, Bellarabi, Brandt and no Reus. According to Löw, he can barely walk a straight line. Weird that it's an argument to keep Reus out, but the same applies to Schweinsteiger and he's in. All in all 2 Dortmund players nominated. Shows Löw's southern Germany bias once again. Sadly, the roster is still too talented to have no success. Can't believe that wanker will go down in the books as one of Germany's most successful managers.

The only defence here for Low is that maybe he prefers team cohesiveness over individual talent. 

I've seen that with Italy and Spain (well typically) taking the core of Juventus and Barcelona, respectively, in past tournaments.

----

Not really impressed with Italy's team either.  Key injuries to some of our regulars but I would have taken Pavoletti over Eder or Immobile.  Also, Sportiello, Perin, or even Donnarumma (well, maybe not him just yet) not making it over Marchetti is odd.

We'll probably line-up like this:

Buffon

Darmian - Chiellini - Bonucci - De Sciglio/Florenzi

Parolo - De Rossi - Sturaro/Motta

SES - Pelle - Candreva

Insigne, Bernardeschi, and Zaza should be decent subs.

On 31/05/2016 at 0:34 PM, Lateralus91 said:

Final Euro roster Germany:

GK: Manuel Neuer, Bernd Leno, Marc-Andre ter Stegen

Defense: Jerome Boateng, Emre Can, Jonas Hector, Benedikt Höwedes, Mats Hummels, Shkodran Mustafi, Antonio Rüdiger

Midfield/Striker: Julian Draxler, Mario Götze, Sami Khedira, Joshua Kimmich, Toni Kroos, Thomas Müller, Mesut Özil, Lukas Podolski, Leroy Sane, Andre Schürrle, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Julian Weigl, Mario Gomez

No Rudy, Bellarabi, Brandt and no Reus. According to Löw, he can barely walk a straight line. Weird that it's an argument to keep Reus out, but the same applies to Schweinsteiger and he's in. All in all 2 Dortmund players nominated. Shows Löw's southern Germany bias once again. Sadly, the roster is still too talented to have no success. Can't believe that wanker will go down in the books as one of Germany's most successful managers.

Bellarabi is the strange one there, he's more dynamic than Podolski and Schurrle combined. How does Podolski keep getting selected? It's bizarre. As is the selection of Schweinsteiger, who even when fit was behind Michael Carrick in the United pecking order.

thats the team from my hometown  :lol::lol::towel::towel:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36437528

Zlatan Ibrahimovic could become king of Oberhausen if he signs for the German city's fourth-tier football club.

The striker, 34, is considering offers after leaving Paris St-Germain but few will be as creative as what Rot-Weiss Oberhausen have put forward.

The club says the striker's signature on a two-year contract would see the city introduce a monarchy that Ibrahimovic will head, while a local beer will be renamed to feature his name.

Sweden captain Ibrahimovic is known to be a confident operator, so could a seat on a newly-formed throne tempt him?

If this is not enough, a local swimming pool - which closed over 20 years ago - would again be filled with water and opened for the former Barcelona player whenever he needs it.

If Ibrahimovic moves to Oberhausen he could travel around 30 miles to watch Borussia Dortmund matches

In a statement, the club referred to their target as "God" and confirmed they have "made an offer" featuring an "attractive package".

After finishing fifth last season, Oberhausen are in the market for "a powerful forward who's good in the air" and Ibrahimovic - who scored 156 times in 180 games at PSG - fits the bill.

"In a football province like Oberhausen, there are a few things which other places wouldn't have," club president Hajo Sommers told German broadcaster Sport1.

"If he wants to expand his horizons, let him come."

Zlatan Ibrahimovic: I will tell you next club when I'm bored

Rot-Weiss Oberhausen have also offered to construct a new stand using materials sourced from a Swedish retailer if Ibrahimovic moves to the city and Sommer even agreed to pick his man up from the airport.

This chauffeur service once worked for Manchester United in their pursuit of Dimitar Berbatov and the Red Devils - heavily linked with Ibrahimovic - may well need to again pull out all the stops if they are to acquire the former AC Milan, Inter Milan and Juventus front man.

United can of course offer average attendances in excess of 75,000 compared to the 2,100 Oberhausen pulled in last season, not to mention sizeable financial initiatives.

But crucially, they are yet to put forward a 'king of Manchester' proposal.

"In the coming days the player will decide. We are cautiously optimistic that his decision will be positive," concluded the German minnows.

I'd like to point out that I was joking when I said Zlatan would join Celtic next, but today the odds have been slashed to as low as 5/2 :lol:

Only behind Man Utd. I know he's said before that he sees the appeal of playing for Celtic, but it would be beyond mental if it actually happened. Imagine the shirt sales alone.

Gone from 80/1 to 5/2 in a couple of days :lol:

Edited by Scottish⑦Canuck