The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

1 minute ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Yep. Glad José is taking the future into consideration while trying to compete for the league. Also looks like it seals Rooney's fate as a mid for the time being in United unless Rashford isn't starting and is coming off the bench. Either way, nice to finally have a clearer picture of things. 

...and more than anything, can't wait for the new season to begin with all the managers in the EPL. Gonna be crazy af lol. Especially Manchester ;) 

"I'd die for José but Guardiola's a spineless coward" - Zlatan 

I think Rooney will get a few games in the cups maybe Europa tbh.  So early in the transfer market but I have a feeling the glory days of the prem are coming back sooner then later.  Klopp vs Mourinho is going to be amazing.

Intrigued to see how Memphis does as well. One guy who's quietly gone under the radar but this is essentially a make or break season for him. If he can't figure it out under Mourinho, time to discard him. Showed flashes at the start of last season but like most others, I think he got lost under LVG. Only time will tell I guess.

So I'm picking up a Celtic season ticket tomorrow, even though I'm not going to be living in Glasgow. At the student price of £199 it's too good a deal to turn down.

Desperate for CL nights to return this year. Does anyone go as mad for the CL anthem as we do? :lol:

• Upvote 2

On 03/06/2016 at 9:15 PM, TheRussianRocket. said:

Oh I see. 

If that's the case, I'm pretty sure Vardy will stay. Doesn't seem like the type that'll jump ship and especially within the league at this point of his career with all that's happened.

The fact he's having a medical would suggest otherwise.

We got Rode from Bayern for about 15 m € today and Guerreiro from Lorient will probably sign after Portugal's next friendly for about 12 m € as well.

Rode can certainly help us out. A little bit too expensive in my opinion though. Guerreiro will be another good piece of business. The first time Schmelzer will have someone to challenge his spot since Dede left in 2011.

1 hour ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

Vardy is reportedly close to an Arsenal move. 

Kante reportedly in talks with PSG and Chelsea.

Mahrez reportedly in the early stages of Barcelona contact.

Poor Leicester.

They still have Danny Drinkwater and Wes Morgan, all is not lost!