The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...no signs or talk of the Copa America? Odd, since I mean it was the final tonight.

Heard Messi was playing since Argentina were finalists. Hmmmmmmmmmm....

CHOOOOOOOOOOOKE! 2 Copa America finals in a row, 3 finals including the WC :lol::lol::lol: 

...just wonder what the mentions here would be like if that was Ronaldo??? I mean, must just be a coincidence no one talked about Messi's miss. Don't blame them. Well, the goalie did make an absolutely astonishing save after all. 

Poor Messi couldn't let Suarez or Neymar take the penalty this time. Sucks when that world class Barcelona team he's surrounded with isn't around to spoon feed him when it comes to international competition.

I mean, not like he plays for a crap international squad unlike Ronal---- oh, oh yeah. Right! He doesn't, unlike Ronaldo!!!!

....couldn't even win 1 cup for Argentina. I mean, I guess that's what would happen when you can't handle the pressure and don't show up when it matters most. 

And the formal announcement he retires from international play. Hahahahahahahaha. So sad the lad doesn't have his club team to hold his hand during international play. Rofl. 

1 minute ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...no signs or talk of the Copa America? Odd, since I mean it was the final tonight.

Heard Messi was playing since Argentina were finalists. Hmmmmmmmmmm....

CHOOOOOOOOOOOKE! 2 Copa America finals in a row, 3 finals including the WC :lol::lol::lol: 

...just wonder what the mentions here would be like if that was Ronaldo??? I mean, must just be a coincidence no one talked about Messi's miss. Don't blame them. Well, the goalie did make an absolutely astonishing save after all. 

Poor Messi couldn't let Suarez or Neymar take the penalty this time. Sucks when that world class Barcelona team he's surrounded with isn't around to spoon feed him when it comes to international competition.

I mean, not like he plays for a crap international squad unlike Ronal---- oh, oh yeah. Right! He doesn't, unlike Ronaldo!!!!

....couldn't even win 1 cup for Argentina. I mean, I guess that's what would happen when you can't handle the pressure and don't show up when it matters most. 

And the formal announcement he retires from international play. Hahahahahahahaha. So sad the lad doesn't have his club team to hold his hand during international play. Rofl. 

Reported this post for giving me cancer

He dragged an underperforming squad with a corrupt FA and a useless manager to 3 consecutive finals only to fail due to Higuian's inability to finish. 

He has nothing more to give to the National team. Don't blame him for retiring.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Caboose said:

He dragged an underperforming squad with a corrupt FA and a useless manager to 3 consecutive finals only to fail due to Higuian's inability to finish. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see him back with the National team. I think he'll be back for the WC in Russia.

I don't blame him for retiring from International if he doesn't play again for Argentina though. 

Mfw Higuain's fault Messi skied the penalty now. 

Honestly speaking, feel pretty bad for Messi but his arrogant blind homers who assume he's God deserve this. Other than that, feel for Leo.

...find it laughable people are feeling remorse for Messi and trying to pin the tail on his teammates when he has the top ranked team in the world and has failed to show up when it matters most. The double standard is real and as high as ever. The hell outta here acting like Argentina are not a world class team. Mfw Messi should be glad he wasn't born in Portugal - he'd quit just seeing the squad. Give Ronaldo half that Argentine XI and he'll win a trophy. Messi 4 finals appearances 0 goals. Wasn't the greatest moment for him to get carded for diving as well... 

"It's not for me. That's four finals. The decision has been made, I think so. [Winning] is what I wanted most. It didn't come. I think that's it. That's how I feel now, what I think. It's a great sadness. It hurts not to be a champion."

real talk though, tbh I think he said this in the heat of the moment and he'll probably regret it after some time and possibly return. Not the best time to make a huge decision like this after emotions are running high/wild/all over the place. Quitters never win and winners never quit. That's not the Messi the world has come to know. For the sake of football, I hope that wasn't his last match or else that'll leave some sort of dent in his legacy when it's all said and done. 

Edited by TheRussianRocket.

2 hours ago, Caboose said:

When Portugal don't score having an average team:

*Ronaldo's inability to finish!*

When Argentina don't score having the #1 ranked team in the world:

*Messi Higuain's inability to finish!*

...give me whatever koolaid you're drinking Boose. I just don't get how homers fail to realize the double standard especially considering the quality of Messi's squad and how he's not the only option looked at to score.

If Messi's as Godly as people say he is, he wouldn't leave it up to Higuain. Instead he'd take matters into his own hands being the greatest player in the world, and scored at least a goal in 4 finals but that's none of my business...