The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kelowna Rockets (WHL)

Rate this topic

ok since i think you missed it

Benning didn't draft a rocket. The regime before him didn't draft a rocket

The regime before him drafted a psuedo rocket in edler.

This organization has completely ignored amazing talent in it's own back yard since...well forever.

Keith, Weber, Severson, Bowey, Bloodhoof, Gallagher, Lucic and so much more. Perrenial all star talent between the rockets and Giants alone. Without mentioning the PG cougars or the Kamloops blazers or Benn brothers.

I did not single out Benning. I singled out the entire organization for not drafting from within the WHL in BC basically at all, like ever

I understand the previous regimes overlooked the Rockets, and it pisses me off as much as the next guy, but the point of my post was: why the hell are you harping on JB for not taking a Rocket last year? He's had one draft, and in that draft only 2 Kelowna players were taken. If we had taken either of them rather than the guy he had in the respective rounds a lot of CDC'ers would've been pissed. Would you rather he had taken Kirkland 36th instead of Demko? Hell no, and that would've been a huge reach anyway. Let's see what he does in the next draft or two before you start saying he's a moron for overlooking the Rockets. He did not overlook any Rockets, there just wasn't really an opportunity to logically take one.

Tyson Baillie. 6th or 7th round. He should go 3rd to 5th round this year.

I don't think he was picked last year?

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl2014e.html

I like Baillie too. I'd like to see JB try him out with a later pick, but as a 2nd year draft eligible guy I'd hope there's better options available in an early-ish round like the 3rd. I don't see him being the late bloomer type like Tryamkin.

I understand the previous regimes overlooked the Rockets, and it pisses me off as much as the next guy, but the point of my post was: why the hell are you harping on JB for not taking a Rocket last year? He's had one draft, and in that draft only 2 Kelowna players were taken. If we had taken either of them rather than the guy he had in the respective rounds a lot of CDC'ers would've been pissed. Would you rather he had taken Kirkland 36th instead of Demko? Hell no, and that would've been a huge reach anyway. Let's see what he does in the next draft or two before you start saying he's a moron for overlooking the Rockets. He did not overlook any Rockets, there just wasn't really an opportunity to logically take one.

I like Baillie too. I'd like to see JB try him out with a later pick, but as a 2nd year draft eligible guy I'd hope there's better options available in an early-ish round like the 3rd. I don't see him being the late bloomer type like Tryamkin.

Yea he was passed on in the last draft, I was blown away that someone didn't at least use a 7th on him. He has played in a winning culture his whole junior career and has always been a exciting player. He may have been labelled unfairly as undersized before, whatever team that picks him will have a gem in a few years and he should make an immediate impact in the AHL.

Yea he was passed on in the last draft, I was blown away that someone didn't at least use a 7th on him. He has played in a winning culture his whole junior career and has always been a exciting player. He may have been labelled unfairly as undersized before, whatever team that picks him will have a gem in a few years and he should make an immediate impact in the AHL.

Heard that. He's definitely got some offensive skills. I can't say I've watched him quite close enough to comment on his skating and d/neutral zone play but I do like him.

Sigh

Again.

I am not harping on Benning.

Like you said he's had one draft

But this organization, and please do follow along. Consistently misses talent in their own back yard in Victoria Vancouver and Kelowna.

On a consistent and regular basis.

Period. That is not an arguable statement. It is not an indictment against benning (yet)

It is just a fact.