The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Henrik Sedin Comments On Referees

Ben Kuzma @benkuzma

H. Sedin on referees: "This might be the only sport where rules change throughout the season depending where you are, who you're playing."

Brad Ziemer @BradZiemer

Henrik: "This might be the only sport where rules change throughout the season depending what game you are playing and if it's playoffs"

Can't really disagree with him

It's funny how when the Rangers have bad officiating for one game the its all over the news and the Canucks have bad officiating for an entire season plus last years playoffs? Are you kidding me NHL. Come on, everyone can see your bias.

it's not like we didnt get away with anything last night. Both teams (like in the playoffs) got away with a bit. Reffing/Refing? seemed odd last night though. It's like they were scared to use their whistles haha.

Oh well i enjoyed the game, very good, nice intensity imo. Too bad we loss though, and hopefully Sedins will start to sort out whatever it is they are dealing with right now.....has to be something.

Good for Hank. I agree the officiating isn't always the greatest.

If you look at a game like last night, you could almost believe it was controlled. Sure they made it exciting not calling anything, but common! So many boarding, high-stick, interference calls just looked at blindly.

If you look at a game like the one vs Boston, you could believe it was controlled aswell, considering all the controversy with the non calls in the finals last year, they wanted to make sure everything got called that game.

It's all BS, just call it as you see it ffs! Don't start turning into WWE or MMA were everything is for show.

I think its a smart move by Hank, considering this is more of a league-wide problem and many players will probably agree with his sentiment.

What annoys me the most is that there has been no explanation for the change, which I think is owed and long overdue.

I greatly appreciate Brandan Shanahan's explanations, even though I still dont agree with one man handing out all the suspensions.

The least they could do is explain this mid-season revision of the rule book which has been so completely bush league.

Grow a pair and deal with it on the ice Henrik.

Yes you and your brother are respected indiviuals, but you play a very physical sport, and it's about time you guys actually stood up for yourselves instead of being wusses and hiding behind the referees or your teammates.

Archived