The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Tough, Take No %&^ Henrik Sedin

Merci

Hey guys I just wanted to say something real quick.

(Skip to bolded if you don't want a compelling back story to this)

I have been very critical of Henrik over the past few years, I know some of you have been like me. Canucks fans are no stranger to disappointment, we're also no stranger of witnessing an elite hockey team in the middle of its prime. We take this for granted almost 100% of the time. We have come to expect the best, and when we don't see it we are extremely critical.

We find any weakness and think about how to fix it. From one perspective this is negative and pointless, why criticize a team that you want to win? But I say it is out of love to see them be perfect and win the Stanely Cup that we criticize. I don't mean to throw players under the bus I really do. But we live in Vancouver and Television these days is absolutely terrible, Hockey is all we watch, read ,and talk about. At least for me it is, we all have lives but every few days we emotionally invest in watching men with sticks dominate other men with sticks. And we really want to win.

For those of you who listen to team 1040 like me you must know about Johnny from Vancouver and Troy from White Rock by now(those who don't two guys who hate AV and anything the team does). Well what do you think these guys are finally going to say when we win the Stanley Cup? Will they be bitter? Maybe a little. Will they be happy they were proven? Undoubtedly. I argue and stand by the fact the band wagoners love this team and are simply the most emotionally unstable of the bunch of us.

Through 40 years of ups and downs, electric dynamic underdogs competing for a cup, a shot from Lidstrom crushing our dreams, Two losses to our nemesis, and a redemptive victory. Only to lose it all because we were broken from dirty play. i think there is a clear reason why we are the way we are, and it is clear from this patience truly is a virtue. We love this team and we want to win bad.

Now to Henrik finally lol. We have seen how the Sedins play, we have seen them their entire career, they are our core and when they struggle we all struggle even more. I think the Sedins truly are a Personification of this club's growth into maturity of a championship team. They have been to the playoffs year after year. All our players have learned and matured together in a slow and steady pace.

We aren't going to win the cup like Pittsburg, Boston, or Chicago. We don't tank for 5 years and amass 5 1st round picks. We don't goon it out and essentially cheat to win.

We develop slow and steady over time until our skill, experience, and depth over flows so much we cannot lose.

IS this process painful as a fan? Yes. does it make for a great story I think so.

Tonight Something happened to Henrik Sedin. In the midst of a controversy surrounding him and his brother unlike ever before. Keith did something that may be the switch that changes this team permanently. A cheap, dirty, premeditated hit. To a person you have played with your entire career. He knows what Bolland called him. He knows what the league think of them after the SCF loss. He knows exactly what happened and why it happened. The rest of the game I didn't see Henrik knocked off the puck once, he made every pass, and out muscled anyone when they attempted to take the puck. I think a cool calm and collected player has a point where they truly understand what intimidation is, what disrespect does, and how a respect for the game needs to be taken a back seat at some point.

And an angry, passionate, desire to win every battle, and go to the next gear kicks in.

I have been critical of Henrik, and the response I saw from the Canucks tonight after the Keith hit was nothing short of the moral building force this team needs with 8 games left.

So out of this mundane March we have a gem of a game to hopefully make the new guys, old guys, and Mason Raymond know what they have to do to win.

Edit because it's way more bad ass of a concluding sentence

Whatever Henrik had flowing with the blood in his veins tonight, I hope it spreads to Daniel soon, and I hope they never let it go for the rest of their careers.

Hey guys I just wanted to say something real quick.

(Skip to bolded if you don't want a compelling back story to this)

I have been very critical of Henrik over the past few years, I know some of you have been like me. Canucks fans are no stranger to disappointment, we're also no stranger of witnessing an elite hockey team in the middle of its prime. We take this for granted almost 100% of the time. We have come to expect the best, and when we don't see it we are extremely critical.

We find any weakness and think about how to fix it. From one perspective this is negative and pointless, why criticize a team that you want to win? But I say it is out of love to see them be perfect and win the Stanely Cup that we criticize. I don't mean to throw players under the bus I really do. But we live in Vancouver and Television these days is absolutely terrible, Hockey is all we watch, read ,and talk about. At least for me it is, we all have lives but every few days we emotionally invest in watching men with sticks dominate other men with sticks. And we really want to win.

For those of you who listen to team 1040 like me you must know about Johnny from Vancouver and Troy from White Rock by now(those who don't two guys who hate AV and anything the team does). Well what do you think these guys are finally going to say when we win the Stanley Cup? Will they be bitter? Maybe a little. Will they be happy they were proven? Undoubtedly. I argue and stand by the fact the band wagoners love this team and are simply the most emotionally unstable of the bunch of us.

Through 40 years of ups and downs, electric dynamic underdogs competing for a cup, a shot from Lidstrom crushing our dreams, Two losses to our nemesis, and a redemptive victory. Only to lose it all because we were broken from dirty play. i think there is a clear reason why we are the way we are, and it is clear from this patience truly is a virtue. We love this team and we want to win bad.

Now to Henrik finally lol. We have seen how the Sedins play, we have seen them their entire career, they are our core and when they struggle we all struggle even more. I think the Sedins truly are a Personification of this club's growth into maturity of a championship team. They have been to the playoffs year after year. All our players have learned and matured together in a slow and steady pace.

We aren't going to win the cup like Pittsburg, Boston, or Chicago. We don't tank for 5 years and amass 5 1st round picks. We don't goon it out and essentially cheat to win.

We develop slow and steady over time until our skill, experience, and depth over flows so much we cannot lose.

IS this process painful as a fan? Yes. does it make for a great story I think so.

Tonight Something happened to Henrik Sedin. In the midst of a controversy surrounding him and his brother unlike ever before. Keith did something that may be the switch that changes this team permanently. A cheap, dirty, premeditated hit. To a person you have played with your entire career. He knows what Bolland called him. He knows what the league think of them after the SCF loss. He knows exactly what happened and why it happened. The rest of the game I didn't see Henrik knocked off the puck once, he made every pass, and out muscled anyone when they attempted to take the puck. I think a cool calm and collected player has a point where they truly understand what intimidation is, what disrespect does, and how a respect for the game needs to be taken a back seat at some point.

And an angry, passionate, desire to win every battle, and go to the next gear kicks in.

I have been critical of Henrik, and the response I saw from the Canucks tonight after the Keith hit was nothing short of the moral building force this team needs with 8 games left.

So out of this mundane March we have a gem of a game to hopefully make the new guys, old guys, and Mason Raymond know what they have to do to win.

Archived