The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Malhotra's Back

clutesi

Is it me or is he continuing to improve to the level of last year when he got Selke consideration. He's playing his best hockey in a year. Suddenly I'm optimistic about the playoffs even though Daniel is still hurt.

I love manny... And he is incredible to have on the fourth line!

Our depth is unbelievable!

Manny is a great 3rd line center but plays on the fourth here.... Higgins is a top 6 caliber player... Kesler is a number 1 caliber center... Booth could be top line on some teams... Ballard was a top 2 PPQB on another team, Salo is a number 2 caliber dman, so is Hamhuis, Edler is #1 Caliber, Bieksa is #3 caliber, Tanev is arguably top 4 ready, Schneider is a number 1 goalie. So much depth!!!!!

He's had a couple of good games lately but his vision is still affecting him. For example; his givaway on McLeod (I think). He was just skating straight up and didn't even know Mcleod was right behind him.

Ive thought there was something else wrong with Manny. HIs vision shouldnt affect his play or he wouldnt be playing. (at least not to the degreee his play has dropped off) and does it really take all season to get into game shape if you come to camp out of shape?

I firmly believe that most players who suffer a serious injury are a little tentative for awhile upon their return. Requires a bit of an easing in and many will have lost a step or two, as well as being a bit cautious at first. Both conditioning and psychologically related stuff to shake off. He's had a lot to work through and the fact that he was off for personal issues also indicates that he hasn't had an easy time over the recent past.

The thing that helps Manny bounce back is the fact that he is such a dedicated team player/leader and will work hard to contribute vs just being happy to be there. He looked more confident and he had some jump last night...good to see. Was also very solid on f/o's and we all know his importance in that aspect of things.

Archived