The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sedin Is Out For The Series

drukes1234

I am willing to volunteer. That elbow may well have cost us a cup run and the Canucks millions of dollars in revenue.

I am keeping the faith and hoping we can bounce back somehow. I hope they give Lui a break (he deserves it) and try and wake our team up by starting Schneider. Desperate times, desperate measures.

First of all, hope Danny recovers 100%. Second of all, we are not losing the series because Danny is out so stop making that as an excuse. Thirdly, this reveals the joke that NHL is. For Weber headslam, the rationale was that the light punishment/fine was based on extent of injury. Now look at the extent of injury of D Sedin, can they go back and give Keith a few more games ... what a joke this league has become.

I hope MG doesn't use this injury as an excuse as to why they got bounced in the first round. I want to see some changes to this team. We need new core offensive guys, and we need something different on D. I'm not happy with the character and style of this team any longer. Even if we won the cup this year, it wouldn't change my opinion. Sick of the diving, sick of the games where they just seem to give up, and sick of how a team can mail it in in the PLAYOFFS of all things.

This is the first year where it has been completely clear that it is not Luongo that causes playoff losses. When the team was REALLY bad, he was usually bad with them. But this year, they are playing like crap and he is playing good. I think for the first time people are really starting to see that this team is broken. There's something wrong with our offense AND defense.

The NHL needs to look at the type of player targeted in these situations when making their punishments. It's in their best interest to keep the best players in the game playing. So when another player takes liberties on a star player threatening to take them out of the game they need to be punished severely. Guaranteed if Keith elbowed Crosby like that and took him out he wouldn't have gotten only 5 meaningless reg season games

Archived