The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sedin Is Out For The Series

drukes1234

Daniel Sedin is one player and I could have sworn that Daniel was out for nearly 20 games a couple season's ago and Henrik to my knowledge won the Art Ross Trophy. Point is Daniel will be missed, but the team is more than capable of performing better than most teams on any given night and has shown without their top winger they can produce and win.

Makes you wonder why Gillis said something so stupid a few weeks ago that he expected Sedin to be ready for the playoffs..... You'd think that if anyone would be aware of the concussion problems and how unpredictable they are , it should be him. If he would have stated from the get go that there is no time table at all for his return then we wouldnt have so many questions on his return.

I honestly thought we could beat the Kings without him. Their offence shouldn't be this hard to contain so we shouldn't need to score 4 goals to compete with them. The 2 we're getting should be enough against a team that barely averaged 2 goals per game.

Our problem is defence, not offence. If our defenders tighten up their play, stop making terrible giveaways inour own zone and stop dicking around with bad gambles like the Hamhuis dive for the puck and Edler drop pass we wouldn't be losing this series.

I thought this was the case from the very beginning. It sucks for sure and this team desperately needs him. Now this should be a wake-up call for the team that it's time for them to step it up big time.

I honestly don't think we need Danny to win because we have everything we need. The problem is this team isn't working as a team. Too many mistakes that turned into goals. Our Ds are struggling big time. PP needs help.

If they can address these problems asap, then this series wouldn't have been this bad. IMO, I think PP needs to be rebuilt starting with different combos and see how they work out. Obviously, these combos are not working anymore and our techniques has been figured out.

Archived