The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sedin Is Out For The Series

drukes1234

People seem to be wondering what's with this rash of "goonery". (particularly on twitter)

To that I pose the questions:

1) Who won the cup last year?

2) In what style did they achieve this?

Not sure why people are surprised.

I have been preaching this from day 1 - the way to win in this league is to play dirty, injure the opponents top players and then beat whoever they have left.

That's what I hoped would happen when we got Kassian, Bitz and Mike Duco - all these players aren't just tough, they can play dirty and should if we want to win. This is why I'm pleased with what Bitz did, but it should of been Kopitar or Mike Richards who is out of the series, not Clifford.

To get back into this series that's what we need to do - not only wear their players down physically, but take out a couple of their many game-changers. Start with Richards - I want to see Kassian throw a gloved punch in a scrum (that barely gets called for a 2 minute minor) or slam Richards' head into the glass. Then get Duco into the lineup and throw a dirty elbow at Doughty, knocking him right out.

So we lose Kassian and Duco - 2 fourth liners, and they lose their best playoff forward and defenceman. Suddenly, Kesler isn't hampered or getting checked and is free to work his magic, we have more depth at center so can roll lines easily and they lose pretty much all their offence from the blueline, which becomes a lot less mobile and the matchups change completely.

As sad as it is, "dirty plays" are no longer dirty, they're almost tactics that NHL teams can use to beat their opponents. Mark my words, a dirty team will win the Cup, whether it be Nashville, New York, Boston, Philadelphia or Chicago, and they'll do it by taking out their opponents 1 by 1 in a 7 game series until their opponent has no one to play in that final, crucial Game 7.

Guest BuckFoston

This attitude is RIDICULOUS. If the Canucks have no chance to get out of the flipping FIRST ROUND without Daniel Sedin, they have no chance to contend with him. Daniel Sedin isn't the difference between a contender and the team we saw the last two games. That's on the guys who ARE playing, making stupid decisions with the puck in the defensive zone and failing to execute on the power play.

The Kings aren't that friggin good. The Canucks have played poorly and are capable of much, much better. Why the coach would start the playoffs by changing the lines the had closed out the regular season so well is beyond me!! If this team loses to the Kings I guarantee coach V is gone, Daniel Sedin or no Daniel Sedin.

Look how Pittsburgh played this year without the best player in the world. Look how well this team has stepped up in the past without Daniel Sedin. His absence is NO EXCUSE. If the Canucks think otherwise then they are done indeed.

Looking forward to game 3!

I agree. It was absolutely sickening to watch guys like Kassian, Bieksa, Kesler, Burrows, Lapierre chirp at Keith and politely ask him to drop his gloves after he just delivered an obvious cheap shot with intent to injure on our star goal scorer. When that happens, you have to respond. It was a regular season game, honestly, who gives a crap. And then they proceded to take 2 penalties afterwards for simply trying to get them into a scrum.

Absolutely pitiful.

I have been preaching this from day 1 - the way to win in this league is to play dirty, injure the opponents top players and then beat whoever they have left.

That's what I hoped would happen when we got Kassian, Bitz and Mike Duco - all these players aren't just tough, they can play dirty and should if we want to win. This is why I'm pleased with what Bitz did, but it should of been Kopitar or Mike Richards who is out of the series, not Clifford.

To get back into this series that's what we need to do - not only wear their players down physically, but take out a couple of their many game-changers. Start with Richards - I want to see Kassian throw a gloved punch in a scrum (that barely gets called for a 2 minute minor) or slam Richards' head into the glass. Then get Duco into the lineup and throw a dirty elbow at Doughty, knocking him right out.

So we lose Kassian and Duco - 2 fourth liners, and they lose their best playoff forward and defenceman. Suddenly, Kesler isn't hampered or getting checked and is free to work his magic, we have more depth at center so can roll lines easily and they lose pretty much all their offence from the blueline, which becomes a lot less mobile and the matchups change completely.

As sad as it is, "dirty plays" are no longer dirty, they're almost tactics that NHL teams can use to beat their opponents. Mark my words, a dirty team will win the Cup, whether it be Nashville, New York, Boston, Philadelphia or Chicago, and they'll do it by taking out their opponents 1 by 1 in a 7 game series until their opponent has no one to play in that final, crucial Game 7.

Any targeted hit that causes injury should be penalized in the following fashion. :

The offending player should be suspended for the entire length of time it takes the injured player to recover. His salary forfiet to the player who he injured. The offending player's team also pays a huge fine to the league for research into preventing future head injuries. Also they cannot replace the suspended players roster spot. Making the player and team suffer the duration of the injury would seriously take a bite out of the targeted head injuries.

Your opinion is perhaps the most ridiculous and embarrassing I've seen on these boards in a long time. Injure an opponent with a deliberate dirty hit so we can win a game??? Give me a break, how about play harder, get the power-play working and bury chances when you get them?

It's an absolutely disgusting way that Daniel was taken out....Keith, watch out for karma, coming your way. I don't wish any player to be hurt, but Daniel is the last person in the league to deserve this so I hope Keith gets a taste of his own. Not in an intentionally dirty way - moreso in an answer to the bell scenario. To target players and take them out this way should have been eliminated long ago.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE old school hockey that's tough....but the league was supposed to make a change and in what I'm seeing throughout the playoffs in all series, it's getting to be more of a gong show than ever.

Thoughts are with you, Danny. May you be well.

That's what I hoped would happen when we got Kassian, Bitz and Mike Duco - all these players

aren't just tough, they can play dirty and should if we want to win. This is why I'm pleased with what Bitz did, but it should of been Kopitar or Mike Richards who is out of the series, not Clifford.

To get back into this series that's what we need to do - not only wear their players down

physically, but take out a couple of their many

game-changers. Start with Richards - I want to

see Kassian throw a gloved punch in a scrum

(that barely gets called for a 2 minute minor) or

slam Richards' head into the glass. Then get

Duco into the lineup and throw a dirty elbow at

Doughty, knocking him right out.

So we lose Kassian and Duco - 2 fourth liners,

and they lose their best playoff forward and

defenceman. Suddenly, Kesler isn't hampered or

getting checked and is free to work his magic,

we have more depth at center so can roll lines

easily and they lose pretty much all their offence

from the blueline, which becomes a lot less

mobile and the matchups change completely.

As sad as it is, "dirty plays" are no longer dirty,

they're almost tactics that NHL teams can use to

beat their opponents. Mark my words, a dirty

team will win the Cup, whether it be Nashville,

New York, Boston, Philadelphia or Chicago, and

they'll do it by taking out their opponents 1 by 1

in a 7 game series until their opponent has no

one to play in that final, crucial Game 7.

It's an absolutely disgusting way that Daniel was taken out....Keith, watch out for karma, coming your way. I don't wish any player to be hurt, but Daniel is the last person in the league to deserve this so I hope Keith gets a taste of his own. Not in an intentionally dirty way - moreso in an answer to the bell scenario. To target players and take them out this way should have been eliminated long ago.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE old school hockey that's tough....but the league was supposed to make a change and in what I'm seeing throughout the playoffs in all series, it's getting to be more of a gong show than ever.

Thoughts are with you, Danny. May you be well.

I've attached photos of Sidney Crosby, Daniel Alfresson and Daniel Sedin all lying on the Ice having been smashed in the head with plastic polymer elbow "pads" that Don Cherry demonstrated on Hockey Night as bad for the game and obviously bad for the best players in the league.

Frustrated with your oponent? Smash the best players in the head with your elbow, that is equipped with plastic "pad" as solid as steel. Injure the head: and hope the refs don't see and give you a five minuete penalty.

There is no respect in Hockey anymore. Stop equipping Players with Storm troopers gear. Make it soft so it hurts to throw a hit.

Betman is an ass. Stop the rollerball.

Perhaps this will help Vancouver focus more on the task at hand, and not be waiting or thinking Daniel will be back to solidify the first line this series.

Hoping Daniel is back this season, of course if 110% ready.

As for Shift-4 's comments regarding Keith. I agree this is frustrating, what would be a solution in terms of Keith's suspension ? Should these kinds of suspensions be tied directly into how long the injured player is out for ?

Archived