The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows ... [How Much] Does Mg Really Want Him?

Dogbyte

Alex has earned a much bigger deal and at 31 his term will be important to him. Reward him accordingly. 5 years 22m with a limited NTC and NMC. He doesn't want to play anywhere else, he is the Canucks.

Even if there is a 50 goal winger acquired for the twins we all know that if it's game 7 OT Burr gets the first 3 shifts with the twins.

Burrows is my favorite current Canuck. Other fanbases hate him, which is icing on the cake.

So when it comes to renegotiating the 31 year old Burrows contract what is his asking price and does adding another top 6 forward make it hard to fit Alex into the team?

I ask becasue I really would hope that we can sign a high calibre player to put with the Sedins which also leaves you wondering where Burrows would play.

I agree with this.

Burrows comes through for us. He takes a hell of a lot of punishment for his size and is hardly ever injured (touch wood) However we do need to offload a few others in his place to re balance the team more towards grit.

One thing sticks out here. He is worth at least as much as Booth to this team.

If it could be done I would trade Booth and pay some of his horrendous salary to Burrows and put the rest towards a big gritty sniper for the Sedins and get Evander Kane.

I would stick with Manny and lose Higgins, Weise, Bitz, Pahlsson, Reinprecht, Raymond ( I would much rather keep him but he doesn't get a break here from the fans, I also think we will regret it) Edler/Ballard and one net minders..

/snip

Burr stocks are at an all-time high. We could get more for him right now than he is actually worth. Without the Sedins (or more recently Eberle) to prop him up, he'd be lucky to score 15 anywhere else.

I said we should have trade Kes after last season ... Seems brilliant now, doesnt it? When will you start listening to me?

Burr stocks are at an all-time high. We could get more for him right now than he is actually worth. Without the Sedins (or more recently Eberle) to prop him up, he'd be lucky to score 15 anywhere else.

I said we should have trade Kes after last season ... Seems brilliant now, doesnt it? When will you start listening to me?

What is this..... I don't even....

Are you a serious?!? Why would we lose one of the only players on this team who brings a full 60 min effort every gawdd@mn night (Higgins) while putting up great points for playing on the third line at an awesome cap-hit? Not to mention one of the best shutdown centers in the league in Pahlsson(let him get a training camp behind him ffs)? My gawd man, pull your head out of your a$$

EDIT: sp

Burr has 117 goals over the last four seasons or 29.25 goals per season averaged out.

Hank has 84 goals.

Kes has 114 goals.

Booth has 78 goals.

MayRay has 61 goals.

Higgins has 39 goals.

It is a shame for Burr and his accomplishments/meaning to the team that he has not been rewarded by mgmt. with a new contract.

Only Dank scores more goals and yet,Burr gets paid near the least of all?

Fairness,new regime,out of the box thinking.....Horse shovels and horse shoes.

OP, you keep saying "i hear you guys" and "of course we sign him"... but right here in your post you're doubting whether there will even be room on the team for him......

i think what me (and everyone) thinks is that even with another top 6 forward, burrows is an amazing 3rd liner, and i don't doubt he can play with kesler as well - they used to be a crazy 3rd line tandem, and burrows has proved he can consistently score. even in the worlds he was putting up goals... until nuge and getzlaf screwed us that is.

regardless of who we pick up, burrows is the ultimate role player... a fast, scoring, checking penalty killer who plays every shift as if its his last - i don't understand how you can doubt there will be a spot for burrows to fit in on this team.

Burrows already left about ten million on the table.

If MG does not rip up his final contract year and reward him with a new one based upon his contributions and loyalty to the team I would tell him to moneyball some other sucker and sayanora.

Alex Burrows is an extremly important part of the puzzle . He puts it all on the line on every shift and he has been with this franchise his entire career. Over the last 4 season his point production would probably amount to 3.5 - 4.5 million in the UFA market.

Personally I believe that Burr will be re-signed by gm MG. This guy is an AMAZING forechecker has a very underrated shot and has an extremly high hockey iq. Their is not a time were he is out of place on the ice and he allways has his stick on the ice for those easy sedin tap ins. I think he will sign in Van for another 4 years for about 3.5 mill

:) Near perfect description > the ultimate 3rd liner and role player, who also has enough skills to seamlessly move to first and second lines.

Would we be better off with a better first line accompaniment to the Twins? Yes, but it does not take down the value of the rest of his contribution one stitch!

OP, you keep saying "i hear you guys" and "of course we sign him"... but right here in your post you're doubting whether there will even be room on the team for him......

i think what me (and everyone) thinks is that even with another top 6 forward, burrows is an amazing 3rd liner, and i don't doubt he can play with kesler as well - they used to be a crazy 3rd line tandem, and burrows has proved he can consistently score. even in the worlds he was putting up goals... until nuge and getzlaf screwed us that is.

regardless of who we pick up, burrows is the ultimate role player... a fast, scoring, checking penalty killer who plays every shift as if its his last - i don't understand how you can doubt there will be a spot for burrows to fit in on this team.

If burrows gets a lowball offer and leaves. I would probably stop watching hockey untill mg is gone.

He took 2 million before and played his ass off every shift since, he deserves an overpayment this time around. I trust gillis will do what it takes to resign him.

Hate to throw cold water on Burr's stats, but let's keep it real. Almost any player in the league could score 30 with the Sedins. Just like Setoguchi - a 40 goal man with Thornton, now he cant crack 20 with the Wild.

Burr is overrated. Overrated! He would be an ideal guy to trade NOW- I bet he would fetch as much as Kesler on the market right now, even tho he isn't half the player.

Burr and Luongo to TO for Pahneuf, Monster and Ashton.

Archived